Disney World vacations are about to see some big changes with all the news dropping today!
While the new theme park reservation system has officially gone live, we’ve also found out that MagicBands will be discontinued and new hotel and ticket reservations will not be available until “later this summer.”
As guests get ready to go back into the theme parks, they’ll need to note that Disney World is suspended a few experiences. One of the halted options at this time is park-hopping as guests will not be able to visit more than one park per day initially.
Since there is limited availability and capacity at Disney World when the parks reopen, the suspension of park-hopping will help the parks ensure that they are keeping their attendance down.
However, if you have a ticket with the Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus options, Disney is offering several options:.
- Ticket Extension: You can use your current date-based ticket with the existing add-on by September 26, 2021, though Disney does add that this is “should the options return by that date”
- Ticket Modification: Resort Packages with tickets may be modified or cancelled. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 beginning June 22nd, or contact your travel professional.
- Ticket Cancellation: You may also cancel your ticket by calling the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 566-4985 beginning June 22nd, or contact your travel professional.
It’s important to note that Disney hopes to bring back park-hopping when they can, and has stated that Park Hopper ticket add-ons will still be available for 2021 ticket purchases as well. We will continue to keep you updated on any further developments regarding the ability to park hop at Disney World!
When will you be going back to Disney World? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!