Part of these safety precautions include a mandatory requirement for everyone on Disney property to wear a face covering while in public, except when swimming, dining, or in a designated “relaxation zone.” While everyone is required to wear a face mask, some Cast Members are even given face shields to wear as well if there is a need for extra safety measures.
Although you can mix and match all sorts of fun designs to wear on your masks, it’s important to be clear on what actually counts as a face covering. Disney has previously provided details on what does AND does not count as a face covering when you’re visiting the parks, but many guests still had some questions.
Disney has detailed that a mask must be made with at least two layers of breathable fabric, fully cover the nose and mouth, must be secure underneath the chin and fit snugly (but comfortably) against the side of the face, and be secured with ear loops or ties so guests can remain hands-free.
Guests were still unclear on whether gaiters would be an acceptable face covering, and for a while at Disney Springs, they seemed to pass muster. But now, Disney has updated the language to clearly state that gaiters and bandanas will not be considered acceptable face coverings. In order for everyone to stay safe, face coverings must comply with all of the listed guidelines.
Since the situation is constantly changing, Disney World has continued to update its regulations for the parks. We’ll keep you informed on any new guidelines that are put into place so you can know before you go back to Disney World!
What is the best Disney face mask you own? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World