But while the parks are going to have to make some BIG changes soon, we have some news you’re going to want to know for your vacation planning.
Although Disney World hasn’t made any official announcements yet, reporter Scott Gustin has been informed by Cast Members that Disney World will not be using Virtual Queues in the parks when they re-open. And, that means that Boarding Passes at Rise of the Resistance will be gone for the time being!
NEW: Disney has told Cast Members there will be no virtual queues used for attractions when parks reopen. This includes Rise of the Resistance. Single rider lines will also not be utilized.
This information has not been posted online (yet) but Cast Members have been informed.
— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) June 20, 2020
Since the attraction arrived in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, guests have been able to take advantage of the Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue in the parks. Instead of waiting in a huge line, everyone was able to explore Disney’s Hollywood Studios before their Boarding Group was called back to the attraction.
However, this new attraction guideline is going to change how Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (and maybe even all of Disney World) operates. Since there will also be no Single Rider line during this time, we aren’t too sure if there will only be old school stand-by lines made available or a new FastPass procedure that hasn’t been announced yet.
When we have more information and an official announcement from Disney, we will keep you updated on all the details!
Take a look at the full list of stores, attractions, entertainment, and more that will be making their way into Disney World soon!
What are your thoughts on the Virtual Queue system in theme parks? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World