In case you missed it, Walt Disney World announced their proposed reopening dates for theme parks yesterday to local government officials.
Along with the proposed dates, Disney outlined what guests can expect when Disney World does reopen This includes mask requirements and other safety regulations, as well as a brand new advanced reservation system required for entry into the parks. This evening, Disney has announced yet another big change that will be implemented for the remainder of the year.
Disney has decided to cancel all current dining and special experience reservations as a result of limited capacity, through the end of the year. This includes Disney Dining Plans.
Disney has also stated that they will reopen dining and experience bookings closer to the parks reopening, in a smaller capacity. They will also move to a 60-day reservation booking window, as opposed to the current 180-day reservation booking window.
Guests who already had existing reservations will receive priority access to rebook when reservations resume. In regards to reservations, Disney did note that “select third party owned and operated restaurants and experiences may not be cancelled.”
Disney also stated, “We are reaching out to guests affected by these updates with additional information and details on options, including refunds.” Disney also added that, “upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed.”
This is a developing story, and we will continue to update as more information is released.
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!