Earlier in May, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis requested that the major theme parks, including Disney World, Universal Orlando, and SeaWorld, submit proposals that included their reopening plan and date for approval.
Last week, the first of these three parks, Universal Orlando, made their presentation to Florida’s Orange County Task Force, including a proposed date and plan for their reopening. This proposal was subsequently approved, with the park confirming they will be reopening to the public beginning on June 5th. Today, Disney World made their own proposal for a reopening date and plan.
In their reopening proposal made to the Orange County Task Force, Disney World proposed a phased reopening timeline with Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on July 11th, and EPCOT and Hollywood Studios on July 15th.
Theme Park Reservation System
Disney noted that they will have soft opening preview days, with more information to come closer to the dates. Once reopened, Disney will also implement a new theme park reservation system, which will require guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance.
Shortly after the presentation, Disney released that they will be “temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations).”
They continued by adding that, “Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details.”
Health & Safety Protocols
Disney will also be implementing numerous health and safety protocols. These will include required face masks for both guests and Cast Members (except when dining or swimming), increased physical distancing, enhanced cleaning and sanitation, and temperature screenings for both guests and Cast Members.
Click here for more information on the “Social Distancing Squad” that Disney World will have at the parks!
Walt Disney World’s Disney Vacation Club resorts, as well as Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen to guests on June 22nd.
Disney Vacation Club’s Vero Beach Resort, and Hilton Head Resort will open on June 15th. At this time, Disney does not have a reopening date for non-Disney Vacation Club Resorts on Walt Disney World property.
No Parades or Nighttime Spectaculars
Additionally, some experiences will be modified, including no parades or fireworks. Additionally, Disney shared that some of their “high-touch” experiences “such as makeover opportunities, playgrounds and character meet and greets will remain temporarily unavailable, but characters will still be in our parks to entertain and delight our guests.”
Click here for more information on the temporary suspension of entertainment such as fireworks and parades!
The proposal was approved Orange County Task Force, and subsequently endorsed by Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings. Next, it will go forward for approval from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. Last week, Universal Studios proposed a reopening date of June 5th, which was quickly approved by both Mayor Jerry Demings and Governor Ron DeSantis.
Stay tuned as we bring you all the details brought forward from Disney World’s proposal today!
Will you be visiting Disney World when it reopens? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World