Disney World announced today during the Orange County Recovery Task Force Meeting that the parks were looking to reopen in July.
As part of their proposal, along with the Disney resorts and restaurants, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will be opening on July 11th and Epcot and Hollywood Studios will be following suit on July 15th.
Disney World has proposed multiple new health and safety guidelines, including the use of relaxation zones and a new theme park reservation system. Entertainment like parades, fireworks, and meet and greets will be halted during the phased reopening.
While the proposal has to be approved by Governor Ron DeSantis, the new plan of action for Disney World’s reopening has been officially given the green light by Mayor Jerry Demings.
We will continue to keep you updated on Governor DeSantis’s response here!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!