Today is a BIG day in theme park news!
Disney World has announced a proposal for reopening its parks on July 11th and July 15th. On top of the new health and safety guidelines, theme park reservation system, and “social distancing squad“, Disney World is also looking at the potential for implementing “relaxation zones” where guests would be able to take off the required face mask.
While theme parks around the world have been requiring guests to wear masks when entering (including Disney Springs and Universal Orlando), Disney World understands that it can be difficult to wear them constantly throughout the day.
Currently, the parks are looking into the potential for setting up “relaxation zones” where guests will safely be able to take off their masks. Although we don’t have any details on how these will work yet, there will most likely be increased social distancing measures in place in these areas to keep everyone safe.
While guests will still be required to wear masks at all times during the parks, these relaxation zones would give visitors the opportunity to breathe without the mask. Since the heat in Florida can be challenging with personal protection equipment (or PPE), this would be a chance for guests of all ages to “take a break” while they are in a Disney World park.
Even though we don’t have any more details during this time, we will continue to keep you updated on more information!
Will you be heading to Disney World when it reopens in July? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World