Disney World will be reopening Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on July 11th, and EPCOT and Hollywood Studios on July 15th.
As Disney has been gearing up to welcome guests and thousands of Cast Members back into the parks, there are going to be a few differences in operation.
Eric Clinton, the leader of the Local 362 union, has stated that Disney World Cast Members won’t be able to hold your phone for photos anymore.
According to an Orlando Sentinel article, the parks will look different when they reopen since Cast Members will have to receive new training. We’ve already started to see this transition in Universal Orlando, since Team Members had to decline taking photos of guests as a health and safety precaution.
While it’s unclear what this new policy could mean for PhotoPass, the change is notable since many guests have previously had Cast Members take photos and videos of meet-and-greets, photo spots in front of the castle, and more using their phones.
We will continue to keep you updated as we learn more about the reopening of Disney World.
Will you be going back to Disney World when it reopens? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!