We’re exploring Magic Kingdom at the Cast Member Preview today.
With a reported wait time of only fifteen minutes, we hopped in line! This time of year, Splash Mountain typically has one of the longest wait times in the entire park.
Despite the wait time only saying fifteen minutes, the line LOOKED a lot longer! With physical distancing in place, the line definitely stretches out to look much longer than it actually is, so make sure to keep that in mind if you will be visiting the parks when they reopen.
As it turns out, the wait did end up taking a little longer, and all in all we ended up waiting about 35 minutes.
Once it was time to board our log, we noticed that it appears to be only one party per log, which would also account for the longer queue and boarding process. It also became apparent and was confirmed to us by a Cast Member that everyone working on Splash Mountain is wearing face shields in addition to masks.
We also noticed frequent sanitizing for the logs once guests disembark. A Cast Member was present at the loading station to clean the logs as they pass.
And we CAN confirm: you still get wet on Splash Mountain. So if you’re looking to cool off on a hot Florida afternoon, this is still a great go-to!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World