In a week of big news that has included select Disney World Resort hotels reopening, Disneyland delaying their reopening, and 2021 Disney World bookings opening, we’ve now got some BIG attractions news.
Earlier this month, a petition started circulating requesting that the attraction be rethemed (you can read the petition in its entirety here). While the petition gained traction and media attention, Disney has confirmed that they had already planned their re-theme of Splash Mountain before the petition starting.
The new theme of the attraction will be after Disney’s The Princess and the Frog. According to Disney, the ride will follow the adventures of Princess Tiana and Louis after the final kiss, leading guests on a musical adventure that will feature beloved songs from the 2009 film.
“The retheming of Splash Mountain is of particular importance today. The new concept is inclusive — one that all of our guests can connect with and be inspired by, and it speaks to the diversity of the millions of people who visit our parks each year,” Disney said in a statement.
According to the OC Register, the original Splash Mountain will be opening in its previous form starting on July 11th at Disney World, and also at Disneyland when it reopens. Disney has not yet given a date when the re-theme will begin for either coast’s attractions.
Imagineering senior creative producer Charita Carter will be leading the makeover of the rides. Describing the re-theming, she said, “Like Princess Tiana, I believe that courage and love are the key ingredients for wonderful adventures. I am delighted to be a part of bringing this fun-filled experience to our guests.”
We will continue to update with any further developments as we learn more!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!