Earlier this month, Disneyland Resort announced their proposed plans for a phased reopening of Disneyland Resort, with Downtown Disney set for a July 9th reopening, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure reopening on July 17th, and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier on July 23rd.
However, Disney has announced a change in these reopening plans tonight.
Disneyland has announced that they will be delaying their reopening from the planned date. The decision came after the state of California indicated they would not be issuing theme park reopening guidelines until after July 4th, which would not be enough time for Disneyland to reopen as planned.
While the theme parks and Resort hotels will be delaying their reopening, Disneyland’s Downtown Disney will still be reopening as planned on July 9th.
At this time, Disneyland has not given another date for reopening. Disney has stated that “once they have a clearer understanding of when guidelines will be released, [they] expect to be able to communicate a reopening date.”
This is a developing story, and we will continue to update as we learn more information.
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!