Disney World reopened earlier this year with some big changes, including the suspension of fireworks and parades and the suspension of the ability to park-hop. Perhaps one of the most significant updates that Disney has implemented as part of its reopening procedures is the requirement for guests to obtain a Park Pass reservation for the theme park they want to visit.
Disney Park Pass availability varies depending on your status: Annual Passholder, Hotel Guest, or Regular Ticket Guest. We’ve seen Park Pass reservations filling up recently for holidays like Halloween and even for some dates in December.
But looking at Thanksgiving week, we’ve already seen that Park Pass Reservations for Disney’s Hollywood Studios are unavailable for Theme Park Ticket Guests …
…and Disney Resort guests from November 22nd through November 28th.
But, we were pretty surprised to see that the Park Pass availability for Annual Passholders is a different story! Currently, Disney Park Passes are sold out for Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 22nd, November 27th, and November 28th. From November 23rd through November 26th, however, Park Passes are available at ALL parks, including Hollywood Studios, for Annual Passholders.
Since the reopening, there have been several times where Park Pass availability for Annual Passholders has been more limited than for other guests. On some occasions, however, more Park Passes have later been added for Annual Passholders. At the moment, Park Passes for Halloween have already sold out for Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Annual Passholders. So, it was interesting to see that Thanksgiving appears to be the opposite right now — where Annual Passholders actually appear to have more access to Park Passes than Theme Park Tickets Guests or Disney Resort Guests.
If you’re planning a trip to Disney World around Thanksgiving (or really any major holiday for that matter) and you’re an Annual Passholder, we recommend you get your Park Pass reservations NOW! Park Pass availability has changed quite a bit in the past, so we’re not sure how long this availability for Annual Passholders will last. We think it’s best to make the reservations for the parks you want to visit now, rather than run the risk that they will all fill up in the future. If you change your mind about what parks you want to visit, you can go back into the system later to try and change it, but at least you’ll have some Park Passes set in place.
We’ll continue to monitor the Disney Park Pass Availability calendar and keep you updated any changes we see, so be sure to come back for all the latest updates.
Recent Stories About Disney Park Pass Availability
- Halloween Park Pass Reservations for Passholders Have Completely Sold Out in All Four Disney World Parks!
- NEWS: Most Hollywood Studios Reservations are Booked for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day in Disney World!
- Making a Disney Park Pass Reservation Just Got WAY Easier With This My Disney Experience Update!
- NEWS: Magic Kingdom Park Passes Are GONE for Select Guests on Christmas Day in Disney World
- Disney World Park Pass Reservations Are Going FAST for Halloween!
- Disney Park Pass Reservations Have Already Begun to Sell Out for the Beginning of 2021!
- NEWS: More Disney Park Passes Are Now Available for Halloween!
- NEWS: Disney Park Pass Availability Has Started to Sell Out on Thanksgiving at Magic Kingdom
- NEWS: Halloween Park Passes Are SOLD OUT at Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- Now Is The Time For Annual Passholders To Book Their Thanksgiving Disney World Park Passes
Are you planning to go to Disney World during Thanksgiving? Let us know in the comments below!