Disney World reopened earlier this year with some big changes, including the suspension of fireworks and parades and the suspension of the ability to park-hop. Perhaps one of the most significant updates that Disney has implemented as part of its reopening procedures is the requirement for guests to obtain a Park Pass reservation for the theme park they want to visit.
Disney Park Pass availability varies depending on your status: Annual Passholder, Hotel Guest, or Regular Ticket Guest. We’ve seen Park Pass reservations filling up recently for holidays like Halloween and even for some dates in December.
But looking at Thanksgiving week, we’ve already seen that Park Pass Reservations for Disney’s Hollywood Studios are unavailable for Theme Park Ticket Guests …
…and Disney Resort guests from November 22nd through November 28th.
But, we were pretty surprised to see that the Park Pass availability for Annual Passholders is a different story! Currently, Disney Park Passes are sold out for Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 22nd, November 27th, and November 28th. From November 23rd through November 26th, however, Park Passes are available at ALL parks, including Hollywood Studios, for Annual Passholders.
Since the reopening, there have been several times where Park Pass availability for Annual Passholders has been more limited than for other guests. On some occasions, however, more Park Passes have later been added for Annual Passholders. At the moment, Park Passes for Halloween have already sold out for Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Annual Passholders. So, it was interesting to see that Thanksgiving appears to be the opposite right now — where Annual Passholders actually appear to have more access to Park Passes than Theme Park Tickets Guests or Disney Resort Guests.
If you’re planning a trip to Disney World around Thanksgiving (or really any major holiday for that matter) and you’re an Annual Passholder, we recommend you get your Park Pass reservations NOW! Park Pass availability has changed quite a bit in the past, so we’re not sure how long this availability for Annual Passholders will last. We think it’s best to make the reservations for the parks you want to visit now, rather than run the risk that they will all fill up in the future. If you change your mind about what parks you want to visit, you can go back into the system later to try and change it, but at least you’ll have some Park Passes set in place.
We’ll continue to monitor the Disney Park Pass Availability calendar and keep you updated any changes we see, so be sure to come back for all the latest updates.
Recent Stories About Disney Park Pass Availability
- NEWS: Disney World Park Hours Have Been Added Through Early April
- Disney Park Passes Have Been Refreshed for the Month of January!
- Magic Kingdom Park Passes Are Fully BOOKED for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Date!
- Everything We Know (So Far) About Walt Disney World’s Big 50th Anniversary
- You Need to Plan a 2021 Walt Disney World Trip Differently — Here’s How.
- New Year’s Eve Park Passes Are Now FULL for Every Park in Disney World!
- Parks Pass Availability Continues to Change for New Year’s Eve in Disney World
- The Big Questions We Still Have As We Approach a New Year at Walt Disney World
- Disney World Adds MORE Park Pass Availability January 2021!
- Disney World Park Passes Have Been Replenished Throughout the Month of December
Are you planning to go to Disney World during Thanksgiving? Let us know in the comments below!