We’re here at the sunny grand reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom to wave at all the animals and greet our favorite friends!
Although we’ll be taking you with us all day to check out more of the entertainment, eats, and crowd levels, many of our readers have been curious about the wait times of the attractions. Now that the ride processes have been modified to reflect updated health and safety guidelines, like distancing measures and limited capacity, things are looking a bit different.
Earlier this week at Animal Kingdom’s Passholder Previews, we were happy to find that many of the attractions had shorter wait times than prior to the closures. However, we wondered if those would continue to hold up when the parks finally reopened to the general public today!
And, it seems like they have stayed low throughout the grand reopening, since it’s a quiet day in Animal Kingdom! Note that we will continue to update this post with the attractions’ wait times every hour, so you can see what a full day in the park looks like!
The day started off with many of the wait times clocking in at only 5 minutes…
…with two of Animal Kingdom’s biggest attractions, Avatar Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey only sitting at a 10 minute wait for guests.
An hour later, we were SHOCKED to find that Avatar Flight of Passage’s wait time actually went down to 5 minutes…
…while Kali River Rapids went up to 10 minutes. (We can’t blame anyone! That water feels GREAT on a hot day like today!)
Many of the 5 minute wait times at attractions like Dinosaur and Expedition stayed steady throughout the morning.
However, a little more flexibility happened with some of the “popular” attractions of the day, where Na’vi River Journey dropped down to a 5 minute wait and Kali River Rapids jumped to a 15 minute wait.
At noon, Na’vi River Journey temporarily closed for a short period of time (although we aren’t sure if it was for cleaning or a technical difficulty).
However, the good news was that most of the other attractions in Animal Kingdom continued with very low wait times so guests could enjoy everything else in the park.
Animal Kingdom is currently the 5 minute wait park! Did you ever think you’d see Flight of Passage come up as the LOWEST option for the wait time list?
Dinosaur is temporarily closed, though this could be due to the periodic deep clean that the rides go through throughout the day!
Around 2PM, wait times looked about the same all around!
By 3PM, the longest wait was for Kali River Rapids — Dinosaur was still listed as temporarily closed, potentially for cleaning!
As the day came to a close, not much changed! Five minute wait times across the board.
Overall, wait times were very low today for the first day back at Animal Kingdom. We’ll continue to update you as time goes on for how the wait times continue to be!
Are you back in Animal Kingdom today? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World