Known as the “EPCOT Transformation,” the park is receiving tons of new additions including a brand new attractions, restaurants, pavilions, experiences, and more. We’ve already seen Space 220 open in Future World, and as of today, another portion of the overhaul at the front of the park is complete!
As of today, EPCOT has officially transformed into FOUR themed lands, otherwise known as “Neighborhoods.” These new neighborhoods include World Showcase, as well as the three new neighborhoods that used to be known as “Future World”: World Discovery, World Celebration, and World Nature.
That’s right, as of today, “Future World” has officially been retired. Even the park map has been updated as of today to reflect these changes!
World Discovery now includes Test Track, Mission: SPACE, and the new Space 220 restaurant. Plus, once Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and the new PLAY! Pavilion are completed, they will also be added to World Discovery.
The other side of what once was Future World is now known as World Nature. It includes The Seas, and The Land Pavilion. And, the upcoming experience Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana, will also be located here.
In the middle, you’ll find World Celebration, which includes Spaceship Earth, the Imagination Pavilion, and the newly opened Club Cool and Creations Shop. Currently, most of this area is still under construction, but it will someday include more additions like a Festival Area and Dreamers Point.
Of course, World Showcase is the fourth neighborhood, which will continue to include all of the country pavilions.
There’s still quite a bit of work to be done in all of the new neighborhoods before the EPCOT Transformation is fully complete, but we’ll continue to keep an eye out for updates so be sure to stay tuned to AllEars!
Are you planning a trip to Disney World during its 50th Anniversary Celebration? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- PHOTOS: Your Updated Look at TRON in Disney World
- AllEars TV: The BIZARRE Way Disney World OUTRAGED Everyone
- How You Can Get on a BUNCH of Disney World Rides in 20 Minutes Each Today
- AllEars TV: The TRUTH About Disney World in December
- Grab Your Tickets NOW for 2 Breakfast with Santa Events in Disney Springs!
- How Bob Iger’s Return Could Impact the Reedy Creek District Dissolution
- Tower of Terror Has Been CLOSED Nearly All Day in Disney World
- Why You Should Go to Disney World the Week AFTER Thanksgiving
- The FULL LIST of Performers for Disney on Broadway at the 2023 EPCOT Festival of the Arts
- Every Single Disney World Ride Ranked from Worst to Best
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!