Over the past few months, major changes have been applied to the transformation. Earlier this year, it was announced that the Mary Poppins attraction and Spaceship Earth refurbishment projects would be postponed. It’s unclear whether Disney will jumpstart either project in the future. Another major addition that was meant to come to fruition is the World Celebration Festival Center. So, with many things up in the air, how are things going with the new center?
The center was originally announced to be a multi-level building that would be home to live events and serve as the center for EPCOT’s four festivals. There would be a plaza, expo, and even a park on the top level. There was a model of the building placed inside the EPCOT Experience and was later removed from the exhibit.
A noticeable piece of information was omitted from a recent Walt Disney World News press release. Disney noted that surrounding the newly implemented Dreamers Point, there “will be new retail and dining locations, along with a newly reimagined festival area that will be home to ever-changing events in a unique new environment.” As noted before, the project was first referred to as a Festival Center. The press released now describes it as a Festival area.
Disney hasn’t announced any official changes being made to this portion of the park. It’s unclear what the new description of this project will bring and if it will still be an indoor building. Or, perhaps the new “area” will be just that, an area designated for event kiosks and activities. The recent virtual D23 Expo event also didn’t touch base on this particular project. Still, many things are slated to push through the setbacks and construction progresses on many projects like Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, and the France Pavilion expansion including Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
Are you looking forward to the new EPCOT transformation? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News!
- Joe Biden Confirmed to be Added to the Hall of Presidents By Disney
- Listen Up, Junior Golfers! Disney World is Offering Classes Just For You
- AllEars TV: Trapped in Disney World’s Most Hated Land!
- News: The Hall of Presidents is Closed for Refurbishment in Disney World
- Things You Did for the Last Time at Disney World 2020
- PHOTOS! Check Out EPCOT’s France Pavilion Expansion Lit Up at Night!
- Could a New Popcorn Kiosk Be Coming to EPCOT? Here’s What We Know!
- 16 Stunning Disney World Wallpapers to Bring a Little Magic to Your Phone or Desktop
- PHOTOS! Popular Disney World Starbucks Tumbler Gets a NEW Look!
- NEWS: Another Disney Springs Retail Location Will Be Permanently Closing
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!