We’re reporting from the virtual D23 event happening over the course of the next few days!
This evening’s segment is called The Magic of Possibility and it’s all about EPCOT! The theme park is set to receive a transformation with new lands, new structures, and an expansion of the France Pavilion. We just received some insight into Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure that will open along with the France Pavilion expansion in 2021!
Tom Fitzgerald, Senior Creative Executive for Walt Disney Imagineering, explained that the Imagineers wanted to bring new details to the France Pavilion in EPCOT. They wanted to differentiate from the area in the Disneyland Paris area that houses the same attraction. The attraction will be similar but outside of the ride, there will be more enhancements like a park, fountain, benches, news kiosk, and a creperie.
Roger Gould, Creative Director (Pixar), piped in to say that the expansion will depict Remy’s vision of Paris. It’s won’t necessarily be a realistic portrayal of Paris, but more of a beautiful escape seen through Remy’s eyes. The team tried to take the visuals and idealism of Paris from the film and implement it into the new area of the theme park. One detail that is unique to EPCOT is the new marquee that was recently sculpted for the park. Also, a fountain inspired by Remy and his rat friends will be shooting bottles of champagne into the water feature!
The ride itself will feature trackless vehicles that shrink you to the size of a rat and takes you on a journey through Paris. It was revealed that the scene which portrays Chef Gusteau’s sign will come to life and speak both French and English! When the ride was designed for Disneyland Paris, it was scripted for audiences who could speak both languages. They decided to bring this bilingual aspect to the American park as well!
We’re tuning to D23 events all week so stay tuned for more theme park updates!
Disney World News!
- This Life-Like Mural at EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts Will Make You Do a Double-Take!
- The Battle of the Magic Kingdom Mountains
- This Magic Kingdom Attraction Had the Longest Wait Time in Disney World!
- What’s the Best First Ride for Kids at Walt Disney World? Here’s What YOU Said!
- PHOTOS: Construction on EPCOT’s New Gelato Stand is Moving Along in Disney World!
- What’s the Difference Between Disney’s Early Theme Park Entry and Extra Magic Hours?
- NEWS: Another Disney Springs Retail Location Will Be Closing Permanently
- PHOTOS: A BIG Addition Just Arrived at the Future M&M’s Store in Disney World!
- The WEIRDEST Disney World Magic Shots of All Time!
- PHOTO: A New Flag is Hoisted Above Pirates of the Caribbean in Disney World!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!