Guardians of the Galaxy — Future World — EPCOT
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will blast off in 2022!
We went inside the Cosmic Rewind attraction — check out what we saw here!
At the 2017 D23 Expo, Disney announced a Guardians of the Galaxy-inspired attraction would be coming to EPCOT’s Future World in an area to rethemed as World Discovery. This is in alignment with the original vision of EPCOT’s Future World as a place to experience the excitement and adventure offered by space travel.
The new E-ticket attraction is based on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy film series, and brings Marvel into the Disney World parks for the first time. The attraction’s queue will be in the re-imagined Universe of Energy building, with the ride in a new building.
The ride will feature groundbreaking ride vehicles and technology. The coaster is being pitched as a storytelling coaster. Riders will be facing the “story” of the ride in vehicles that move from the left to the right rather than racing by it, as they usually do in conventional coasters sitting in fixed vehicles facing straight ahead. Watch a preview of the coaster’s ride technology here:
The story in which riders will be immersed is being referred to by Disney as the Wonders of Xandar pavilion. Here, guests will see the Galaxarium, complete with “a planetarium-type presentation”.
During this presentation, Xandarians will show guests “their world, their people, and their advanced technologies.”
Completion of Cosmic Rewind is expected in 2022!
Learn more about Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind here
- TRON or Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind: Which Disney World Addition We Can’t Wait to Ride First
- Epcot’s Transformation — What’s Happening, When?
- Disney California Adventure Preps for Arrival of Marvel’s Avengers Next Year – and Why The Avengers Can’t Assemble in Disney World
- Our Three Favorite Changes From Epcot’s Transformation
- Construction Photos: Epcot’s Transformation Takes Shape with Projects Around the Park
- It’s Not Walt’s Disney World Anymore, and That’s OK
- NEWS: Epcot’s Transformation Continues with New Entrance and New Play Pavilion
- Epcot Construction Update: Rides, Restaurants and More