Reviews of Pirates of the Caribbean — WDW

Reviewed by kirstenandjake Review Date: 02/22/2021

this ride is amazing - and i haven't even seen the pirates of the carribean movies! the animatronics, music, the drop...this ride has it all. one of my favorite - and must do - rides in Magic Kingdom!

Pros:

fun drop animatronics funny music

Cons:

long lines

Reviewed by PoorNanaPoorFather Review Date: 02/15/2021

Where do I even start? This attraction is so amazing. You cannot go to WDW without riding this. I love the story and the animatronics. The line can get long later in the day, but I have found that it looks worse than it really is. It usually goes pretty fast. All ages can enjoy this attraction.

Pros:

Theming, Cool attraction

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/05/2021

One of the all time classics. An absolute must do. Dead men tell no tales.

Pros:

This ride is an all time classic.

Cons:

If you get seasick. Or hate having fun then Walk the Plank you Scurvy Scum!!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/02/2021

A classic that can't be missed.

Pros:

Details and animatronics

Cons:

Long Lines

Reviewed by gormand28 Review Date: 01/20/2021

Fun and makes you feel like a pirate. LOL

Pros:

So fun and funny.

Cons:

Long Lines

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/16/2021

I can remember when this ride opened, and it quickly became one of my all time favorites. I grew up going to Disneyland a few times a year, and tried to do the same for my kids, until we moved away in 1998. I am now in my 60’s and my fondest wish is to make it back to my favorite place on earth just one more time

Reviewed by GraceElizabeth Review Date: 01/11/2021

A Classic Disney attraction. Super fun and very detailed.

Pros:

Entertaining

Cons:

The Cannon Balls, skeletons, and small drop might scare kids.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/10/2020

A Pure Swashbuckling Great Entertaining Enjoyable Pirate Ride, Johnny Deep is the best pirate and definitely adds lots to the ride for me and my family

Pros:

Same as in review totally

Cons:

None in my honest opinion

Reviewed by Merwolf Review Date: 11/04/2020

I have three favorite rides in the MK, and they are Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and this. From the moment you step into the queue and get a breath of that chlorinated water you know you are in for a treat. It's a great, detailed queue, and it's air conditioned (very important in mostly summertime all the time Orlando) You start off a little creepily, with skeletons and somber pronouncements and the sound of a storm - and then there's a plunge and you enter the world of the Pirates of the Caribbean. You go through several scenes full of cannons, and pirates, and chickens and rum and it's just good fun. I am on the side of the folks who preferred pre movie, but I ride it every time I go to the park and it never gets old.

Pros:

Long queue inside in air conditioning with a song you will get stuck in your head that is not Its a Small World. Fun scenes and great detail. Slow boat ride, but there's that plunge at the start to get you in the mood.

Cons:

You can get a bit wet, both on the plunge, and from the cannoballs into the water just afterward, but it's not as bad as Frozen.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/19/2020

This ride is iconic! It’s entertaining and easy to see something new with every ride. The line is not hot and there is quite a bit to look at while waiting. It’s not a thrilling ride, but it’s not as tame as Small World. It’s a nice happy medium.

Pros:

The ride is very entertaining and fun. Not too thrilling and a great place to rest your feet and cool off. A very original idea.

Cons:

The line can get long and it might not be as exciting as other rides. It might scare small children too.

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions