Reviews of Pirates of the Caribbean — WDW

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/09/2020

do not ride this ride. i went on it and hated the drop YES there is a drop

Pros:

fun i guess?

Cons:

the drop it to big

Reviewed by OrangeFigment Review Date: 05/17/2021

I know this is not a popular opinion, but I just don't like this ride. If it is hot out and it is under 15 minute wait, okay, but even then I am riding more to just get into some A/C.

If you like slow moving boat rides, there are many better than this. Splash Mountain, Small World, or hop on the Monorail over to Epcot and ride Living with the Land. If I'm going to wait in line for 45+ minutes I would rather be waiting for Splash than this.

Everyone should ride this at least once just because it is classic Disney, but unless you or someone in your party such as a kiddo loves Pirates I just can't recommend this.

Pros:

Classic Disney, A/C

Cons:

Line is too long for what you get on the ride

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/02/2020

I know this is a classic attraction, but I wasn't a big fan of this attraction. I found it to be kind of boring. I'm not a thrill-seeker, so I was kind of shocked by this. I usually like a good boat ride, but I just didn't really get this ride. I have never watched any of the Pirate movies, so if there were any references to that, I didn't truly get them. If you or anyone in your group is a pirate fan or really liked the movies, I would say you definitely should ride it, but if not, I think you could skip this ride and not truly miss out on anything important.

Pros:

It's a Disney Classic. You should ride it at least once before you choose to like or dislike it.

Cons:

I found the ride to be a bit boring. If you haven't watched the movies, you might not get some of the references on this ride. You may get wet; You have been warned.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/03/2021

It’s A Classic And A Must Do, I do like this ride, But The Disneyland Version Is WAY BETTER, I feel like wdw version is missing a lot of what Disneyland has, which is why I didn’t give it a ten, I would mind if it gets a refurbishment, but still a pretty good ride

Pros:

The Ride Is Fun And The Theming Is Amazing

Cons:

not as good as the Disneyland version

Reviewed by SarahB4 Review Date: 04/19/2019

Not my favorite. The animatronics are pretty old, and there's not much relation to the movies. It is a nice cool indoor ride with some neat effects. My pirate son loves it!

Pros:

indoors, classic

Cons:

old

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/08/2021

Not as good of a ride if you’ve been on the one in Disneyland.

Pros:

Pirates!

Cons:

Shorter than Disneyland.

Reviewed by Sparky999 Review Date: 09/01/2021

This is a great ride...unless you've been on the Pirates rides at California or Paris. In that case, it feels like a wham-bam tour through the best bits of both attractions, without taking the time to build an atmosphere or truly immerse you. It still smells great and is a must do attraction, but this feels like a free trial of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Pros:

It's Pirates! The smell! The music! "Don't tell him Carlos, don't be chicken!"

Cons:

Too short, lacks the atmosphere and world-building of California and Paris

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/12/2021

Enjoyed the different setting throughout and changing effects (including smells)

Pros:

Nice change of pace

Cons:

Slightly scary for younger kids

Reviewed by Mjsheridan Review Date: 08/15/2020

It's iconic Disney and certainly a must-do attraction, but with every update gets more and more diminished in my opinion. I love the intricate details of the scene and the drop is always fun and a great way to splash into the main battle in the town. I have to say I strongly dislike the new auction scene. It makes no sense why Pirates would be auctioning off items, especially chicken (?!), when they were literally there to pillage and steal. I don't understand why the red-head pirate shouts that she wants the rum.. while holding a bottle of rum. If the imagineers wanted a new scene, they should have completely changed it instead of this weird version. Overall, the ride is a must do but I hope Disney stops tinkering with it.

Pros:

Classic ride, great drop, extremely immersive details and scenes

Cons:

New updates are odd and can interrupt the immersive experience

Reviewed by Braden Review Date: 07/28/2020

This is a ride that should not be missed. It is a great ride and has a great theme. You will want to ride again.

Pros:

A great ride

Cons:

The ride sometimes has long lines.

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions