Reviews of Pirates of the Caribbean — WDW

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/09/2020

do not ride this ride. i went on it and hated the drop YES there is a drop

Pros:

fun i guess?

Cons:

the drop it to big

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/02/2020

I know this is a classic attraction, but I wasn't a big fan of this attraction. I found it to be kind of boring. I'm not a thrill-seeker, so I was kind of shocked by this. I usually like a good boat ride, but I just didn't really get this ride. I have never watched any of the Pirate movies, so if there were any references to that, I didn't truly get them. If you or anyone in your group is a pirate fan or really liked the movies, I would say you definitely should ride it, but if not, I think you could skip this ride and not truly miss out on anything important.

Pros:

It's a Disney Classic. You should ride it at least once before you choose to like or dislike it.

Cons:

I found the ride to be a bit boring. If you haven't watched the movies, you might not get some of the references on this ride. You may get wet; You have been warned.

Reviewed by SarahB4 Review Date: 04/19/2019

Not my favorite. The animatronics are pretty old, and there's not much relation to the movies. It is a nice cool indoor ride with some neat effects. My pirate son loves it!

Pros:

indoors, classic

Cons:

old

Reviewed by Mjsheridan Review Date: 08/15/2020

It's iconic Disney and certainly a must-do attraction, but with every update gets more and more diminished in my opinion. I love the intricate details of the scene and the drop is always fun and a great way to splash into the main battle in the town. I have to say I strongly dislike the new auction scene. It makes no sense why Pirates would be auctioning off items, especially chicken (?!), when they were literally there to pillage and steal. I don't understand why the red-head pirate shouts that she wants the rum.. while holding a bottle of rum. If the imagineers wanted a new scene, they should have completely changed it instead of this weird version. Overall, the ride is a must do but I hope Disney stops tinkering with it.

Pros:

Classic ride, great drop, extremely immersive details and scenes

Cons:

New updates are odd and can interrupt the immersive experience

Reviewed by Braden Review Date: 07/28/2020

This is a ride that should not be missed. It is a great ride and has a great theme. You will want to ride again.

Pros:

A great ride

Cons:

The ride sometimes has long lines.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/09/2020

It’s a lot of fun and super cool. Very nostalgic.

Pros:

Cool animatronics, indoors, catchy song, fun drop

Cons:

Short, not all that exciting

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/09/2020

Good but pales in comparison with Disneyland version.

Pros:

Great theming

Cons:

Feels like an abridged version of Disneyland ride

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/26/2020

Not my favorite.

Pros:

Jack Sparrow sightings, lots to look at

Cons:

Smells a bit strange, and I didn't find it too entertaining

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/25/2020

The animatronics were very cool! It was a slow ride, but still very fun.

Pros:

Lines weren’t bad when I went, so it isn’t like some rides where it is always hours of waiting.

Cons:

Kind of slow, but a classic.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/26/2020

Pirates is a classic. However, I think I was spoilt as the version at Disneyland Paris is far superior to this version. Actually I would says this is the worst iteration of Pirates I have ridden. Still fun though.

Pros:

Its a fun attraction, nice break on your legs and good ride length.

Cons:

Its the worst version I have ever ridden.

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions