Reviews of Pirates of the Caribbean — WDW

Reviewed by OrangeFigment Review Date: 05/17/2021

I know this is not a popular opinion, but I just don't like this ride. If it is hot out and it is under 15 minute wait, okay, but even then I am riding more to just get into some A/C.

If you like slow moving boat rides, there are many better than this. Splash Mountain, Small World, or hop on the Monorail over to Epcot and ride Living with the Land. If I'm going to wait in line for 45+ minutes I would rather be waiting for Splash than this.

Everyone should ride this at least once just because it is classic Disney, but unless you or someone in your party such as a kiddo loves Pirates I just can't recommend this.

Pros:

Classic Disney, A/C

Cons:

Line is too long for what you get on the ride

Reviewed by bfab731 Review Date: 12/01/2020

Definitely a must do. Pirate theme and jack sparrow animatronics are incredible

Pros:

Disney classic

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/09/2020

do not ride this ride. i went on it and hated the drop YES there is a drop

Pros:

fun i guess?

Cons:

the drop it to big

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/26/2020

Not my favorite.

Pros:

Jack Sparrow sightings, lots to look at

Cons:

Smells a bit strange, and I didn't find it too entertaining

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/02/2020

I know this is a classic attraction, but I wasn't a big fan of this attraction. I found it to be kind of boring. I'm not a thrill-seeker, so I was kind of shocked by this. I usually like a good boat ride, but I just didn't really get this ride. I have never watched any of the Pirate movies, so if there were any references to that, I didn't truly get them. If you or anyone in your group is a pirate fan or really liked the movies, I would say you definitely should ride it, but if not, I think you could skip this ride and not truly miss out on anything important.

Pros:

It's a Disney Classic. You should ride it at least once before you choose to like or dislike it.

Cons:

I found the ride to be a bit boring. If you haven't watched the movies, you might not get some of the references on this ride. You may get wet; You have been warned.

Reviewed by SarahB4 Review Date: 04/19/2019

Not my favorite. The animatronics are pretty old, and there's not much relation to the movies. It is a nice cool indoor ride with some neat effects. My pirate son loves it!

Pros:

indoors, classic

Cons:

old

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/03/2022

Such a classic! Not only is it a long and arguable relaxing boat ride, but it is also one of the best-themed attractions in the world! Its theme alone allowed for the creation of one of Disney's most beloved and popular movie franchises!

Pros:

Long, A/C (especially in the summer), Incredibly well-themed, high-capacity, has incredible re-rideability, great effects including scents, and an astonishing collection of animatronics.

Cons:

Can be scary for kids, and there is a small chance of getting wet.

Reviewed by John246 Review Date: 05/10/2022

The gold standard. What else can be said? This is the ultimate theme park attraction.

Pros:

Spectacular theming, humor, excitement

Cons:

None! The Anaheim version might be longer, but any version of Pirates— WDW especially— is a must visit.

Reviewed by imagineer97 Review Date: 03/29/2022

One of the best boat rides I have ever been on with many animatronics and iconic scenes. It is missing a few scenes that Disneyland has but the overall ride is the same.

Pros:

Fun boat ride for kids, adults, and teens. A medium-size drop with stunning scenes.

Cons:

Shorter and missing a drop than the Disneyland ride has.

Reviewed by juliekaitlyn94 Review Date: 01/27/2022

Yo ho! I fell in love with Pirates on my first (and only *so far*) ride. I wasn't expecting a drop, but I loved it! The smells, the animatronics...everything was just magical. It felt like I was right there in the scenes. The part that amazed me the most was when we were right about to step into the boats. I looked behind me, and saw the scene of the water and the fog. It looked so real!

Pros:

Cons:

Not one thing that I can think of!

Other topics in Magic Kingdom Rides and Attractions