Travel in general is looking pretty different right now, but airport travel through Orlando is experiencing some big changes during the holidays.
While we’ve seen the Orlando International Airport get majorly crowded in the past, it’s been quiet during the recent health and safety crisis. Even though the airport is expected to see less travelers this year during the holidays, government officials still think that plenty of people will travel to the Orlando area during this time.
During a recent Orange County Coronavirus Update online, Mayor Jerry Demings discussed travel to Orlando during the holidays.
The mayor was asked by a reporter whether there was a concern about tax revenue from tourism decreasing in Orange County since people have been encouraged not to travel during the holiday season. Demings responded that “the airport [Orlando International Airport] reported today that within the last few days we’ve had the second busiest airport in the nation.”
According to the mayor, people are still visiting the Orange County area and will continue to do so, most likely due to theme parks being open currently. He went on to say that “I believe that our theme parks have put an abundance of protocols in place to open and to provide a place of, I think, relaxation for the American public to be able to do so safely.”
He acknowledged the numbers will be down compared to previous years, but the numbers this year are relative to the situation at hand. Demings believed they have been “relatively successful as a major metropolitan and urban community” due to people willing to follow health and safety guidelines.
As you make plans to travel, it’s important to keep in mind there are new protocols at airports for passengers. While we continue to listen for additional news about travel in general, we’ll give you all the information you need to know before you head to the theme parks soon!
Have you traveled through an airport recently? Let us know in the comments below!
- The Disney Dogs and Cats Dresses Have Arrived in Disney World!
- The 5 Worst Meals in Disney World According to You
- Tom Holland and Daniel Kaluuya Share Their Journeys Making Marvel’s “Spider-Man” and “Black Panther”
- Act FAST! The Final Main Attraction Collection is Online!
- Marvel’s Upcoming “Behind the Mask” Will Premiere on Disney+ Next Month!
- The Funko Pop Fair Full of Disney Goodies is Online Right Now!
- Joe Biden Confirmed to be Added to the Hall of Presidents By Disney
- Listen Up, Junior Golfers! Disney World is Offering Classes Just For You
- NEWS: How Much Did Disney’s Top Executives Make in 2020?
- REVIEW: Kringla Bakeri og Kafe Adds the New “Kransekake” to Its Menu in EPCOT!