And, we just can’t resist visiting for more Christmas goodies, since we’re taking you with us to try even MORE treats in Universal!
If you’re heading to a theme park, it almost seems like a necessity to get a funnel cake. And, since Universal Orlando has brought back its Holiday Food Trucks for Christmas, we hopped over to get all that fried dough and powdered sugar goodness!
While there are a few different options on the funnel cake menu, we went with the Fried Chicken and Funnel Cake option that was topped with strawberry sauce, maple mayo, and powdered sugar.
While we saw a similar version of this treat during Halloween with the Franken Fried Chicken and Funnel Brains, the Christmas funnel cake had a bigger helping of fried chicken and switched out the maple aioli for maple mayo. Of course, the extra chicken meant that there was a price increase to $10.99.
While maple mayo paired with strawberry sauce might sound like a strange combination, it actually worked together really well! The maple came out a lot more than we expected with a slight tanginess from the mayo that balanced the sweetness from the strawberry sauce and powdered sugar. The chicken and funnel cakes were both hot and crispy, but the ingredients on top didn’t melt!
Universal’s funnel cakes tend to be a hit, so we’re excited to try the rest of the options at the food truck near the Simpsons and ET section of Universal Studios Florida throughout the holiday season. As we keep heading back to the parks, we’ll be sure to give you a look at the other Christmas experiences you can find soon!
What’s your favorite holiday treat in Universal right now? Let us know in the comments below!
- Universal Orlando Surveys Guests About Safety Measures, Park Visits, and More!
- AllEars TV: The WORST Ride at Universal Studios Florida
- AllEars TV: You Made Me Do WHAT in Universal?!
- You Know You’ve Been to Universal Orlando Too Many Times When…
- Universal Passholders Can Get a Free Room Upgrade at Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- The Seven Things We’re Most Excited to do at Universal Orlando in 2021
- PHOTOS: VelociCoaster, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and More from Our Day at Universal!
- The NEW Universal Annual Passholder Magnet is a Foodie’s Dream Come True!
- NEWS! Universal Orlando Announces Mardi Gras 2021 International Flavors of Carnival
- Five Mediocre Attractions at Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando You Should Ride for One AMAZING Animatronic