Disney World has plenty of events coming up soon with Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours, Dapper Day, and beyond! And, one of the most popular experiences in the parks are the runDisney events that take place throughout the year!
Coming up soon, the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and Disney Princess Half Marathon events will bring plenty of guests, ready to race throughout the property. And, now ANOTHER runDisney event’s details have officially been announced!
The runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend has a pretty awesome “surprise” for guests as the event will combine previous events into a new experience! In honor of the 50th anniversary, the races that take place over four days from March 31st to April 3rd, 2022 will incorporate past themes that will make you feel nostalgic!
The 2022 Springtime Surprise Weekend will include:
- Expedition Everest 5K (April 1st, 2022) – The race will once again feature a nighttime 5K combined with a scavenger hunt, but this time the hunt will be conducted during the 5K.
- Race for the Taste 10K (April 2nd, 2022) – The event will mirror the 10K from the past, but now the race will celebrate the newest attraction at Walt Disney World Resort, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at EPCOT.
- The Tower of Terror 10-Miler (April 3rd, 2022) – The race will still be a 10-miler, but will be run in the morning instead of at night compared to previous years.
Guests can even run all three of the events, or 19.3 miles, as part of the Springtime Surprise Challenge that will include a special medal for participants! Registration for the weekend opens on December 7th for Club runDisney Gold & Platinum Members, December 9th for general guests, and December 14th for virtual registration at 10 AM EST.
We’ll keep you updated on more Disney events coming soon! Stay tuned with AllEars for the latest Disney entertainment and news!
Have you ever participated in a runDisney event? Let us know in the comments below!
- EVERYTHING That Will Be Closed in JULY at Disney World
- How the PeopleMover Has CHANGED in Disney World
- ALERT! The Fuzzy Tauntaun Is No Longer Available at Oga’s Cantina in Disney World!
- 6 of the BEST Disney Deals on Amazon from This Week!
- NEWS: Disney to Cover Travel Costs for Access to Abortions Following Roe v. Wade Ruling
- NEW Rooms Are Now OPEN at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Everything RETURNING to the 2022 Festival of the Holidays in EPCOT
- FINALLY! Mirabel From ‘Encanto’ is Coming to Magic Kingdom!
- NEW Details Announced About Disney’s 2022 D23 Expo
- The Big Anniversary Disney World Has Been Completely SILENT On