Disney World is notorious for long lines and wait times for the most popular rides and attractions. Even on those days that don’t seem very busy, rides like Space Mountain, Slinky Dog Dash, and Flight of Passage can easily have wait times that top an hour or two.
If you want to make the most of your time in Disney World and you would prefer to spend more time on rides than in line, there are several attractions in each of the four parks that historically have low wait times, no matter how busy the park is!
Granted, on those ULTRA busy days, it can seem like there is no escape from the mega-long lines. But more often than not, you can escape the crowds and get on a ride quicker when you check these attractions out.
We monitor the wait times at Disney World every day, and these rides have consistently the lowest average times.
There are plenty of rides in Magic Kingdom that come in all shapes and sizes! While most guests are off to hop in line for the “mountains” of Magic Kingdom (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and we’ll even throw in Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for good measure), you can sail right onto these attractions most days:
- Barnstormer – Fantasyland
- Carousel of Progress – Tomorrowland
- Liberty Square Riverboat – Frontierland
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin – Adventureland
- Mickey’s Philharmagic – Fantasyland
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – Fantasyland
- Under the Sea — Voyage of the Little Mermaid – Fantasyland
EPCOT will soon be the most popular park in town with the arrival of Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in the France Pavilion. While it’s competing with other popular rides like Soarin’, Test Track, and Frozen Ever After for guests’ attention, you’ll typically find much lower wait times at these rides:
- Gran Fiesta Tour – Mexico Pavilion
- Journey Into Imagination – Future World Imagination Pavilion
- Living With the Land – Future World Land Pavilion
- The Seas With Nemo and Friends – Future World Seas Pavilion
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios has been the place to be for the latest and greatest. With massively popular rides like Rise of the Resistance, Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, and Slinky Dog Dash (not to mention classics like Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller Coaster), it may be hard to believe that there’s any ride with less than an hour wait. But check these attractions out next time you’re visiting!
- Alien Swirling Saucers – Toy Story Land
- Lightning McQueen Racing Academy – Sunset Boulevard
- Muppet Vision 3D – Grand Avenue
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Echo Lake
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Last but not least, there’s Animal Kingdom. Home to popular rides like Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest, and Kilimanjaro Safaris, you can find a few rides and attractions that offer a brief respite in the form of shorter wait times:
Be sure to check out these rides if you’re looking for a shorter wait time on your next Disney World vacation! While they won’t always be low, these rides are somewhat more reliable than other popular attractions when it comes to spending less time in line and more time enjoying the ride itself!
What is the absolute longest time you’ll wait for a line? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World Planning News and Tips
- How to Save Money on Your Next Disney World Trip!
- How Much Does a Disney World Ticket Cost Right Now
- 6 Rides and Hotels That Are CHANGING in Disney World
- Here Are the Wait Times in Disney World on May 15th!
- Disney World Rides We’d Never Wait More Than 15 Minutes For
- BREAKING: Temperature Checks Have Been Removed Early from Disney World
- NEWS: Disney World Adds More Park Pass Availability for May and June
- A Surprising Ride Had the Longest Wait in Disney World Today
- NEWS: Disney World Releases Park Hours Through the End of July!
- Here’s How Much it Will Cost to Sail on the Disney Wish!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!