As Disney World has continued its reopening phases, we’ve seen restaurants open to guests again (looking at you, Cinderella’s Royal Table!) and entertainment make its way into the parks and resorts in brand new ways.
Although character meet-and-greets aren’t happening at the moment, there are still modified character dining experiences as well as Character Cavalcades instead of parades. Entertainment like the Dapper Dans are back harmonizing in the Magic Kingdom, while Disney has started testing fireworks once again too.
However, not every part of the magic has been able to return recently. And, we’ve even had to say goodbye to some experiences permanently. According to a recent post made by the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra, the band may also be playing its last show on October 3rd.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort stopped featuring the orchestra when it originally opened to guests. But, the musicians were moved over to the Theater of the Stars in Disney’s Hollywood Studios instead to replace the Beauty and the Beast show with “The Disney Society Orchestra and Friends.”
While the post states that both Disney’s Grand Floridian and Hollywood Studios will not have the orchestra playing anymore, Disney World hasn’t confirmed this news yet. We’ll continue to check back for more details about the shows and entertainment around the parks!
Have you listened to either orchestra play in the parks and resorts during your trips? Let us know in the comments below!
- FIRST LOOK! The Iconic Mickey Balloon Ears Got a Holiday Makeover Ahead of Christmas in Disney World!
- PHOTOS: The Crescent Solarium Has Re-Opened to Guests at Disney’s Beach Club Resort!
- Say Goodbye to Halloween and HELLO to Christmas! Holiday Spirit Jerseys Have Made Their Way to Disney World!
- NEWS: Two MORE Restaurants Have Been Added to Disney’s Table Service To Go!
- NEWS! The Wonders of the Lodge Tour at Disney World’s Wilderness Lodge Has Been Discontinued “As of Now”
- NEWS: Olivia’s Cafe Has Debuted as Another Table Service Mobile Order Location in Disney World!
- UPDATE! The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Continues to Make Awesome Progress in Disney World
- Food and Wine Weekends Are Returning to Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resorts
- NEWS: These Are the Restaurants That Will (and Will Not) Be Available When Disney’s Coronado Springs Reopens!
- NEWS: Walt Disney World Resort Suites Are Now Available to Book, Though Club Level Access Still Unavailable