From transportation updates to an entirely new theme park reservation system, Disney World will be operating in a way none of us have ever seen before. And, the Disney Resorts will be making some modifications for both Cast Members and guests soon, too!
While there is no certain date for when the Disney World Resorts will be opening, Disney Vacation Club properties and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will be reopening on June 22nd.
At the moment, no new new hotel bookings will be available (with the exception of Disney Vacation Club members and Annual Passholders) so Disney can focus on guests with existing bookings.
However, @ScottGustin has provided information on Disney’s official statements regarding what amenities and recreational activities will be available to guests when the hotels re-open. While only a few select dining locations will be available, pools and fitness locations will have some changes as well.
At this time, feature pools will have limited hours and leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day. However, they will all operate with limited capacity for distancing measures at this time. Some poolside activities may be available, but Stormalong Bay will not be open. Instead, Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort guests can use the leisure pool at the Beach Club Villas.
Fitness centers will have reduced hours and capacity when they open. But, fitness classes that are led by an instructor will not be available. Different fitness and sports courts will be open with the requirement that guests must distance themselves.
Merchandise locations will be open, but new product launches, limited-edition merchandise, and dressing rooms won’t be available. Pin trading will occur on pin boards, but not on Cast Members’ lanyards. You will be able to return items to stores, but resort delivery will be suspended for the time being. However, guests can still ship merchandise back to their homes.
Numerous experiences like character meet-and-greets, the Electrical Water Pageant, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and more won’t be available for guests. You can check the full list of paused experiences below.
Childcare services and multiple special offerings will not be occurring during this time. Some of these include the Wonderland Tea Party, fun runs, mermaid school, and more. The full list is available below.
What’s your favorite Disney Resort to visit during your stay? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!