Disney World will no longer be offering the Magical Express starting January 1st, 2022.
The airport bus transfer was complimentary for guests staying at a Disney World resort. The buses were operated by the Mears transportation company. Mears has made a statement regarding the closing of the Magical Express.
The Magical Express will be unavailable next year, but Mears will continue operations in the Orlando area. Mears spokesperson Roger Chapin stated to Spectrum News 13, “Disney made us aware of their decision. While we are disappointed Disney will no longer offer this service, we intend to continue offering transportation services between the airport and all area theme parks and hotels to meet the demand of our visitors now and in the future.”
Disney stated that the reasoning behind suspending the Magical Express is because “vacationers have more options to choose from than ever for transportation, including ride-share services that save time and offer more flexibility to go where they want, when they want.” Disney is referencing the growing popularity of Lyfts and Ubers and lowered guest use due to the global health crisis. The Tweet below also notes that the termination will coincide with the expiration of the contract between Disney and Mears.
EXCLUSIVE: Mears Transportation, who operates Disney's Magical Express, did not find out about the decision until *this morning*.
According to a spokesperson, the notice coincides with the expiration of their current contract.
— carlye wisel 🍭 hosts Very Amusing! 🍓✨🙃 (@carlyewisel) January 11, 2021
Mears is separate from the Disney company and will offer their own transportation to and from the Disney World property. Guests will still have access to theme park transportation like buses, boats, monorails, and the Skyliner. We’ll continue to update you on all information regarding vacations at Disney World.
What’s your mode of transportation when traveling to Disney World? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News!
- Please Enjoy Some Pictures of Disney Ducks 🦆
- Photos! Minnie and Clarabelle the Cow are the Stars of Kate Spade Collection in Disney World
- PHOTOS: Disney Springs’ Upcoming M&M’S Store Gets More Colorful Updates!
- We Had a LONGER Return Time for Disney’s Rise of the Resistance Today!
- PHOTOS: Pandora is Getting a Fresh Coat of Paint in Disney World!
- No, There’s No Rock Animatronic. Everything We Know About Disney’s Jungle Cruise Changes
- 8 Major Differences From When Disney World First Reopened
- NEWS: Analysts Expects Disney Parks Attendance to Rebound By 2022
- ALL the Activities Coming to EPCOT’s Flower and Garden Festival!
- All the Topiaries Coming to This Year’s EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!