Disney World has been opening up places left and right so fast that we can hardly keep up!
While restaurants like Gaston’s Tavern has been greetings guests again, spots like Cinderella’s Royal Table will be coming along soon. Even though we’ve seen some fan-favorite resorts open (we missed you, Yacht and Beach Club), it’s been a blast returning back to the best places on Disney property.
And, we heard some great news for all the Grand Floridian fans out there since the resort has officially opened again today! While Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort was previously closed off to regular guests during the NBA’s season, the full hotel area will now be available for everyone to explore.
However, we’ve made sure to keep an eye on the construction around the resort since its partial reopening. And, we’ve seen the Grand Floridian Walkway make some HUGE progress in the meantime.
Let’s take a look at some of the newly reopened areas of the resort!
One of the biggest differences we noticed right away was that those big blue construction walls were GONE!
As the NBA departs from Disney World, the walls that were used to separate their area from other guest areas were removed. The NBA Barbershop has also been removed, leaving no trace behind (well, except for some marks in the grass).
Some of the pools were closed off while the NBA was taking up residency at the resort. But now, those areas have reopened!
We noticed on our visit today however that the Alice in Wonderland water play area was still closed.
As the Disney World Resort hotels have reopened, so have many of their dining locations! One of Disney’s swankiest restaurants, Narcoossee’s, reopened today! Narcoossee’s has also joined the list of restaurants participating in Disney World’s new walk-up waitlist feature on My Disney Experience.
Some of the shops that were previously closed have reopened! One location that we stopped into on our visit was Basin!
They’re even fully stocked with some season items, like Candy Corn bath bomb barrels!
Health and safety protocol is in place, similar to all of the other shopping locations we have visited since Disney World began its phased reopening.
As Disney World continues its re-opening procedures, we’ll be taking you with us around the parks and resorts to take a look at everything new! And, if you want to know how your Disney vacation might change, pop us your questions so we can find the answers!
What’s your favorite Disney Resort to visit? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!