UPDATE: Shortly after the feature made its debut, My Disney Experience has removed the new Walk-up Waitlist feature. We will keep an eye out, and let you know if and when it returns!
Dining has gone pretty topsy turvy in Disney World since the parks have reopened. While character dining has seen some major changes and Mobile Order practically rules the parks, dining reservations have also been shaken up.
Since Disney World will be reducing the hours for each of its parks, that means guests with dining reservations after the NEW closing time might not be able to use that reserved time anymore. However, some restaurants will remain open after the park closures for guests to dine.
And now, dining in Disney World has seen yet another change during the reopening. While there will still be limited capacity in restaurants, Disney has re-instated the walk-up ability at certain locations during this time. When guests access their My Disney Experience, they are able to check for dining availability in the parks.
After they’ve chosen the date and input their party’s details…
…they can click the “now” tab to see which restaurants have availability for walk-up parties! Although we saw a lot of restaurants full this morning, the waiting list may fluctuate throughout the day.
When a walk-up location is available, it will show you the wait time on the app. Although we needed to be closer to the Whispering Canyon Cafe to actually join the walk-up line, we could see that the estimated wait was 55 minutes based on a party of 4.
Although many of the walk-up locations we saw were at the resorts right now, we’ll keep checking back to see when other restaurants around Disney World incorporate this feature soon! As always, we’re here to answer any questions you may have about dining or returning to Disney World!
What is your favorite restaurant to visit in Disney World? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World