Many Cast Members are preparing to welcome guests back to some of the Disney Vacation Club Resort hotels on June 22nd. After “non-essential” hourly Cast Members were furloughed back in mid-April, we’ve been keeping an eye on union activity to see when more Cast Members would be called back in the coming weeks as the parks prepare to reopen.
We have just learned that one of the major unions representing Disney World Cast Members, Unite Here Local 737, has announced that more workers will soon be called back. This follows several previous announcements that resort housekeeping, as well as full-time food and beverage Cast Members were starting to be called back to select resort locations ahead of those hotels reopening on June 22nd.
Local 737 shared on Facebook, “Last night, we got some exciting news! Disney informed the Union about the next wave of openings and recall. Today, Disney will start to call workers to return to the following locations. Some are to return to work on June 28, others are to return on July 5. The Disney HR person calling you will tell you the date you need to return.”
The post continues on to say, “Remember that the Union agreement requires Disney to follow seniority for each job and location…Also, remember that Disney is not calling back all of the workers in every location immediately. The most senior workers will return first. More will return as guests return to the parks and hotels. If they do not call you, you remain on furlough until a future wave of recalls.”
The following is the full list of restaurants and dining locations that were included in Local 737’s announcement. Several of the locations, specifically those listed under resorts, have already been announced and are listed on Disney World’s website.
Keep in mind that this is all subject to change and just because a particular location is on this list, it does not necessarily mean that it will reopen right away. We have added notes to several items on this list, noted with two asterisks **:
Discovery Island Bars
Flame Tree BBQ
Restaurantosaurus & Bar
Be Our Guest (Table Service only – no Quick Service)
Cone Shop (**this could mean Main Street Plaza Ice Cream)
Jungle Skipper (**this could be Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen)
Liberty Tree Tavern
Main Street Bakery
Pinocchio Village Haus
Tony’s Town Square
Electric Umbrella (**this location closed in February of 2020)
Fountain View (**this location closed in fall of 2019)
Liberty Inn (**this location closed in July of 2019 and has been replaced by Regal Eagle)
*Biergarten (Family Style) (**Biergarten is traditionally a buffet)
*Norway (Non-Tipped only) (**this could potentially mean Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe)
*Rose & Crown
The * means no international workers. Local workers only for now.
Brown Derby (this could mean Hollywood Brown Derby, Brown Derby Lounge, or both)
Docking Bay Seven
Galaxy Edge Culinary & Stewarding
Oga’s Cantina & Carts
50’s Prime Time Cafe
Quick Service Stewarding
Sci Fi & Tap House (this sounds like it includes both Sci Fi Dine-In Theater and BaseLine Tap House)
Trolley Car Café
Tune In Lounge
Trattoria Al Forno
Catering Culinary & Stewarding
Catering Culinary & Stewarding
Gasparilla Island Grill
Grand Floridian Café
Pool Bars (**could include Courtyard Pool Bar, Beaches Pool Bar & Grill, or both)
Goods to Go
Culinary & Stewarding
Whispering Canyon Cafe
It’s important to note that these restaurants and locations have been posted by Unite Here Local 737, and have not officially been confirmed by Disney. We will continue to keep you updated on any further developments!
Do you have upcoming travel plans to Disney World? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World