Reviews of Beach Club Villas (Disney Vacation Club)

A Disney Vacation Club property.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_bcv.htm

Reviewed by wattage Review Date: 02/18/2014

We stayed in a one-bedroom for three nights starting February 13, 2014. We are DVC members and stayed on points. Our room had a king bed and separate living room with a sleeper sofa. The bed was firmer than I, or my wife likes, but it was OK. The bathroom was very clean as was the kitchen and the rest of the room.

There are two things that set this resort apart from all others: location – you can walk to Epcot or DHS; and the pool area – Storm-a-long Bay is a great little water park by its self.

The only complaint we had was the distance we had to walk to get to our room from the main lobby. It was a very, very long walk; especially when you’re tired from a day in the parks. We would still love to come back if we can ever get another reservation.

Pros:

Location, Pool area

Cons:

Long hallways

Reviewed by TGropp Review Date: 01/08/2014

I love this place but getting into your room before 5PM is becoming harder all the time. We had dinner reservations at Tutto Italia at 5:30 Dec 26'th but had to go there in our clothes that we had wore all day as we did not get into our room till 5:15. The carpets in the hallways are VERY DIRTY and worn and the units are showing wear and tear. IT is due for a rehab this year I think. having said all of this, I love this resort but somehow think that a better management team could help run it more efficient.

Pros:

Pool and Location

Cons:

Always late check ins

Reviewed by Patroclus Review Date: 12/07/2013

We were just at Beach Club Villas from 11/30/2013 to 12/7/2013.

The good: The front desk & concierge staff could NOT have been nicer. They were a pleasure to deal with (even when our bill was incorrect). It's also fantastic to be able to walk out the back of the resort and stroll right into Epcot (or wait a few minutes for a FriendShip to Hollywood Studios).

The bad: The Dunes Cove Pool (the pool "exclusively for BCV guests") has a hot tub with no jets. What's the purpose of a hot tub with no jets? Doesn't that make it just a bathtub? I called maintenance 3 times and told the Concierge twice and nothing was done while we were there.
They were doing work on the water mains which was not well-communicated to either the guests or the staff. The memo telling us that we would have no water overnight was placed underneath our microwave. Front desk staff didn't know that water had been disconnected or why when we called, either. That's unusually poor communication for a WDW property.

The ugly: BCV is in serious need of refurbishment. The carpeting is worn through to the padding in places. The furniture in the room, while comfortable, was showing its age. Some of the glasses had been broken and had not been replaced.

The Verdict: BCV was nice, but we've had much better experiences at Saratoga Springs (where we could have stayed in a 1 bedroom for the same price as a BCV studio).

Pros:

Proximity to Epcot

Cons:

Needs updating & repairs

Reviewed by SharW Review Date: 10/24/2013

Check in was great - personnel took the time to explain everything with the wrist bands and how they worked. All staff were friendly and helpful. Best location if you want to spend the majority of your time at EPCOT. Rooms could use some repair work, sink stopper was broken when we checked in and the HVAC system was pulling away from the wall.

Pros:

Great customer service

Cons:

Rooms need some repair work

Reviewed by selinabina Review Date: 10/10/2013

We stayed at the Beach Club Villas, 1 bdrm 9/29-10/6. The place was amazing, the staff was more than accomodating, the food was amazing. We are planning a return visit soon. Our stay was truly magical. Thank you Beach Club Villas Staff!

Pros:

Staff, accomodations, food, pool

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by DisneyJen Review Date: 10/05/2013

We stayed two nights 9/2-9/4 after a 6 night stay at AKL Kidani. I have always longed to stay at Beach Club, so I was very excited to have the opportunity to do so on this trip. I love all things Disney, but I have to admit that we probably will not stay at BC again mostly because it didn't have the Disney feel- this is not something I can explain well- but those of you who get "the Disney feel" will understand what I'm saying. There wasn't anything bad about the resort, other than the dirty hallway carpet and lame quick service spot (mentioned in many other reviews), I just didn't feel the way I have felt everywhere else I've stayed (AKL, CB, Port Orleans FQ).

However, I do not let anything at Disney disappoint me, so I must tell you what I found to be awesome about this resort: proximity to Epcot and Stormalong Bay Pool. There is nothing better than walking from your resort room to Epcot World Showcase in 10 min! Also, the pool was absolutely amazing; the sand bottom and play areas as well as the slide. We did find it frustrating that the pool closed when lifeguards are not on duty: 10pm-10am making it difficult to fully enjoy (no early morning or evening swims) because we also wanted to spend our last two days fully enjoying the parks!

Pros:

Proximity to Epcot, Stormalong Bay Pool

Reviewed by ladyarli Review Date: 09/10/2013

We stayed in a one bedroom villa the last week of August 2013. Everything was clean, in perfect working order, and beautifully themed. Make sure you bring your resort ID with you to the pool! They sometimes get a bit grumpy if you don't. All of the cast members (except that one lady at the pool) were really great. We ate one night at Beaches and Cream and loved it. The Beach Club Marketplace is just too small. There are not enough choices in the food section or the merchandise section. The other DVC resorts seem to have much more.

Pros:

The pool, restaurants, and proximity to Epcot

Cons:

Marketplace WAY too small, not enough variety of food or merchandise.

Reviewed by buntingd Review Date: 09/08/2013

Stayed 8/31to 9/2 in room 459. We could see that the decor needs to be updated, especially carpets and couches in the lobby. This was our fist trip to BCV and we will be back. Check-in was a little difficult because of the noisy level and the CM speaking so softly. I had to ask her to repeat everything she said. This caused us to pass the door to go out to the villas and had to ask another CM where to go. Checked-in at noon and room was ready. Bell services brought our bags up within 10 minutes of us calling down. The bed were not the most comfortable. Hopefully the mattresses will be replaced soon. Loved being able to walk in the back gate of EPCOT. Walked around the lake twice.

Pros:

great CM, closed to EPCOT

Cons:

loud lobby, wear showing

Reviewed by jdnwebster Review Date: 08/21/2013

I've always wanted to stay here so I was excited when I scored 2 nights here then I was....disappointed. Maybe it was because we had just come from the Boardwalk but felt like this place was just a let down. Our room was a hike from anything-next to the last room in the DVC Villas. I was really surprised how dirty the hallway carpet was. Yuck! I was not very impressed with it all and probably will not be back anytime soon. The absolute best things about this place is B & C and the awesome pool.

Pros:

location to Epcot, Beaches and Cream, pool

Cons:

distance from main area, hallway carpet was filthy

Reviewed by dgagnon519 Review Date: 07/03/2013

I don't know why I am not a huge fan of the resort. The kids loved the pool and I loved how close we were to Epcot and Boardwalk. I love the resort, but I don't have a Disney feel when I am there. Check in went well. There was a mess up with transfering our park tickets. We were only here for 1 night on the 6/15.

Pros:

location, pool