Walt Disney World is constantly reimagining, refurbishing, and constructing the property for various reasons.
The Magic Kingdom has been getting a lot of attention lately! The Walt Disney World Railroad has been parked “in residence” while construction continues on TRON Lightcyle Run. Over in Tomorrowland, the PeopleMover is currently down for the count as well. And, we’ve been keeping a close eye on the progress of the new Grand Floridian walkway. Two more classic Magic Kingdom attractions have been added to the list of refurbishments!
The first attraction scheduled to close is the Liberty Square Riverboat. The riverboat is a slow-moving cruise that takes guests on a tour around Tom Sawyer Island. The boat reopened with the rest of the park in July. Soon after, the attraction was scheduled to close between August 24th – August 30th. It’s now set to close for a longer period of time.
The other attraction affected by the closure is Tom Sawyer Island. The island reopened with physical distancing markers and health guidelines for the trails and play areas. There is no clear reason why the island will be closed at this time.
Both attractions are scheduled to close starting October 5th until at least January 2nd, 2021. It’s undetermined the reasoning behind the closure of the two attractions. We’ll continue to keep you updated on these closures as well as future construction and refurbishments.
- PHOTOS: We’ve FINALLY Got a First Look at the Attraction Marquee for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in Disney World!
- Missing the PeopleMover in Disney World? Here’s What You Need to Know About the Attraction’s Refurbishment!
- UPDATE! The France Pavilion Construction is Looking GREAT in Disney World Today
- PHOTOS: The Void Sign Has Been Removed in Disney Springs After Permanent Closure
- Disney’s Art of Animation Sets Refurb Schedule and Lists Available Amenities Upon Reopening
- PHOTOS: Painting Progresses Across Magic Kingdom Entrance Sign at Disney World
- TRON’s Construction Progress Has Us Even MORE Excited for Its Debut in Disney World!
- UPDATE! The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Continues to Make Awesome Progress in Disney World
- PHOTOS: Construction Has Begun for This ICONIC Pool in Disney World
- NEWS: Disney World’s Frozen Ever After Will Close for a Refurb in November
Are you heading to Magic Kingdom soon? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!