Walt Disney World is constantly reimagining, refurbishing, and constructing the property for various reasons.
The Magic Kingdom has been getting a lot of attention lately! The Walt Disney World Railroad has been parked “in residence” while construction continues on TRON Lightcyle Run. Over in Tomorrowland, the PeopleMover is currently down for the count as well. And, we’ve been keeping a close eye on the progress of the new Grand Floridian walkway. Two more classic Magic Kingdom attractions have been added to the list of refurbishments!
The first attraction scheduled to close is the Liberty Square Riverboat. The riverboat is a slow-moving cruise that takes guests on a tour around Tom Sawyer Island. The boat reopened with the rest of the park in July. Soon after, the attraction was scheduled to close between August 24th – August 30th. It’s now set to close for a longer period of time.
The other attraction affected by the closure is Tom Sawyer Island. The island reopened with physical distancing markers and health guidelines for the trails and play areas. There is no clear reason why the island will be closed at this time.
Both attractions are scheduled to close starting October 5th until at least January 2nd, 2021. It’s undetermined the reasoning behind the closure of the two attractions. We’ll continue to keep you updated on these closures as well as future construction and refurbishments.
- One Closure Ends But Five More Continue in Disney World This Week
- NEWS: Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin Will Get a NEW Storyline in Disneyland
- Take a Look at the New Website and Concept Art for Space 220 in EPCOT!
- Check Out the Aerial View of Construction on Disney World’s Fantasmic!
- First Look at the Sign for EPCOT’s Upcoming Creations Shop
- 5 BIG Changes and Closures in Disney World This Week
- PHOTOS: Signs Removed From the NBA Experience in Disney Springs
- All the Closures You Need to Know About in Disney World This Week
- TWO Classic Attractions, One Shop, and More Will Be Closed in Disney World Next Week
- VIDEO: Construction Update on the Monorail Station at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
Are you heading to Magic Kingdom soon? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!