Disneyland Resort is temporarily closed with no official reopening date.
We’ve seen signs that Disneyland is preparing to welcome guests like physical distancing markers at the main entrance and a new walkway. There also have been many discussions with city officials about reopening guidelines. Despite all this, no reopening date has been announced and Disney continues to cancel upcoming hotel reservations.
On our last update, Disneyland canceled reservations for vacation dates beginning on or before October 3rd, 2020. Disney just pushed this date another week into the month. Disneyland is now canceling upcoming hotel reservations for the Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Resort and Spa, and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with arrival dates through October 10th.
Any Disney-imposed change and cancellations fees will be waived through October 10th. If guests do not cancel their own vacations through this date, no fees will be applied and the reservation will be automatically canceled. Third party arrangements like flights and rental cars should be made by the guest.
While guests can still make hotel reservations for late October dates, this does not meant the hotels or theme parks will reopen by then. Instead of canceling reservations months in advance, Disney seems to bcancelling reservations one or two weeks at a time. The dates will most likely continue to be pushed back until a reopening date has been finalized.
- NEWS: Disneyland Emails Passholders Regarding Implications of California’s Reopening Guidelines
- NEWS! Organization Representing Disneyland Could Seek Legal Action Against the State of California
- NEWS! Disneyland Resort’s President Responds to California’s Theme Park Reopening Guidelines
- NEWS! Anaheim Mayor Responds to California’s Theme Park Reopening Guidelines
- BREAKING NEWS: California Releases Reopening Guidelines for Disneyland and Other Theme Parks
- Disneyland Unions Urge Governor Newsom to Allow Parks to Reopen in Orange Tier
- Extended Disneyland Closure Could Cost a $2 Billion Revenue Loss, According to Analysts
- NEWS: Disney CEO Bob Chapek Says ‘Arbitrary’ Disneyland Reopening Guidelines Aren’t Based On ‘Actual Fact’
- NEWS! California State Officials Will Visit Disneyland Resort This Week!
- NEWS! California Will Release Theme Park Guidelines “When We’re Ready”
Do you have plans to visit Disneyland this year? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!