Disneyland is currently in the seventh month of its historic closure in the wake of the global pandemic, with no reopening date announced. While California Governor Gavin Newsom promises an announcement on theme park reopening guidelines is coming soon, the industry itself is calling on more urgency, and Disneyland has been “disappointed” by the lack of progress shown by the state.
Due to the extended closure, Disneyland has had to cancel upcoming hotel reservations that they can no longer accommodate. Previously, Disneyland was canceling upcoming reservations with arrival dates through September 26th. These cancelations are now being extended by another week.
Disneyland will now be canceling upcoming hotel reservations with arrival dates through October 3rd. If a guest has an upcoming reservation that is impacted by this, they can modify or cancel the reservation without any Disney-imposed fees.
If a guest does not modify or cancel their reservation by their arrival date, the reservation will automatically be canceled, and no penalties will be applied. Guests with third-party reservations, such as rental cars, travel insurance, or airline reservations, will need to contact those companies separately.
Currently, new Disneyland reservations are being accepted with arrival dates starting on October 16th. This does not mean Disneyland will reopen on the 16th, as this date has been a moving target for the past several months. We will continue to keep a close eye on Disneyland and will continue to provide updates as we learn more about any reopening plans.
Did you have 2020 travel plans to Disneyland that have been impacted by the closures? Share you experience in the comments!
- NEWS: Workers United Local 50 Provides Details on Cast Members Returning to Work in Disneyland
- Make a Reservation NOW to Pick Up These New Vinyl Figurines at an Exclusive Disneyland Shopping Event!
- NEWS: Disneyland Will Be Opening Stores and Restaurants Along Buena Vista Street This November!
- NEWS: Disneyland Emails Passholders Regarding Implications of California’s Reopening Guidelines
- NEWS: Disneyland Resort Reservations Now Only Available to Book Mid-November and Later
- NEWS: Disneyland and Union Come To An Agreement Regarding How Lay-Offs Should Be Handled
- When Can We Expect Disneyland to Reopen, Now That California Has Released Theme Park Guidelines?
- NEWS! Organization Representing Disneyland Could Seek Legal Action Against the State of California
- NEWS: LA Philharmonic Cancels Concerts at the Walt Disney Concert Hall Through Part of 2021
- NEWS: Disneyland May Not Open Until Next Summer According to Orange County Health Care Agency
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!