While Downtown Disney has reopened for guests, the Disneyland theme parks and hotels remain closed at this time. Since there is no current confirmed plans as to when the parks and hotels might reopen, Disney has been communicating with hotel guests on an as-needed basis when they can no longer accommodate their upcoming reservation.
While Disneyland has yet to announce reopening plans, we’ve learned today that guests with hotel reservations through late September will now need to modify or cancel.
The latest extension of Disneyland’s cancellations impacts guests with upcoming hotel reservations with arrivals through September 26. Communication is being sent to these guests with information on their options when it comes to cancelling or modifying their reservation.
Impacted guests will not be charged any Disney-imposed modification or cancellation fees during this time. If a guests neglects to modify or cancel their reservation by their check-in date, the reservation will be cancelled without any penalties or fees.
Some packages, however, may contain third party reservations, such as rental car reservations or travel protection. Guests with these sorts of reservation components would need to reach out to those third party companies directly.
At this time, guests can currently book new reservations with arrivals starting on October 1st. This does not mean that Disneyland will reopen on October 1st, as this has been a moving date for the past several months. But Disneyland has been showing more signs of life these days as they prepare to reopen, whenever they get the approval from the state government.
Click here for the latest reopening developments in Orange County and what that could mean for Disneyland’s reopening!
Let us know in the comments below if you have had a Disneyland reservation this year that was impacted by the closures.
- Five Crazy Myths Surrounding Disney’s Haunted Mansion
- Celebrate Talk Like A Pirate Day With a Virtual Tour of Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean!
- NEWS! The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Has Extended Its Non-Essential Travel Restrictions Through the End of October
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Merchandise Will Be Available in Disney Springs and Online Very Soon!
- Disneyland Could “Comfortably” Operate at 50% Capacity Upon Reopening, According to Analysts
- NEWS! Disneyland Resort is Canceling Upcoming Hotel Reservations Through Early October
- NEWS: Disneyland Hotel Reservations Now Only Available for Mid-October and Later
- PHOTOS! We Spotted Reservation Signs and a Potential New Walkway Over at Disneyland Resort!
- NEWS! California Governor States That an Update on Theme Parks Will Be Provided Soon!
- NEWS! Disneyland Resort President Releases Statement on Theme Parks’ Reopening in California
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!