As the state of California continues its progress towards reopening businesses, Orange County has taken an important step forward in allowing certain sectors to resume operations.
California Governor Gavin Newsom held a news conference today where he provided a brief update on the new county monitoring system as well as commenting on the conversations taking place between the state and the theme park industry. While reopening guidelines have yet to be released, conversations with the parks are “ongoing.”
Due to a decline in positive cases, Orange County has advanced from “widespread,” the most restrictive tier, to “substantial.” The city of Anaheim posted on their reopening website that this next tier means that indoor dining can resume with up to 25% capacity or 100 people, whichever is less.
Shortly before Downtown Disney reopened, a statewide mandate was issued that closed all indoor dining operations, forcing the restaurants in Disneyland’s shopping and dining district to reopen with only outdoor dining available. So, we could start to see the restaurants in Downtown Disney once again offer indoor dining!
But what does this move mean for the theme parks at Disneyland? Unfortunately, it is still hard to say at this time. The state has yet to release the key industry reopening guidelines needed to determine when and how Disneyland and other theme parks in the state can safely reopen. Governor Newsom promised today that while the negotiations are “open-ended,” that the discussions are in fact taking place and are progressing.
While Newsom said that they are “closer to concluding when and how to safely reopen those sectors,” it’s anyone’s guess when the guidelines will be released.
When do YOU think the Disneyland Resort will reopen? Let us know in the comments!
- Magic Key Holders Will Have After-Hours Access to Disney’s Haunted Mansion Holiday
- NEWS: Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin Will Get a NEW Storyline in Disneyland
- A New Haunted Mansion Tiki Mug is Coming Soon to Trader Sam’s in Disneyland!
- First Look at the NEW Tenaya Spa at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- Tickets Now Available For Disneyland’s Merriest Nites After Hours — But Prepare for a WAIT!
- 17 Rides That Are Even Better Than Their Disney World Counterparts
- Is Disneyland’s $10 Halloween Scavenger Hunt Worth The Prize?
- AllEars TV: Is This Still Disney’s WORST Park For Rides?
- ALL the Oogie Boogie Bash Entertainment You Can Find in Disneyland!
- PHOTOS: The Frightfully Fun Halloween Parade RETURNS to Disneyland!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!