Disney has previously announced its reopening for Disneyland starting in July.
Downtown Disney plans to reopen on July 9th to guests and, ahead of time, Disney has released its health and safety information that everyone needs to know before they head back to the shopping and dining district!
While Disneyland and the hotels are projected to open at a later date (pending state and local government approval), Downtown Disney hopes to reopen multiple stores and restaurants in the area soon. One of the biggest locations included the World of Disney store, so guests can grab a new pair of Minnie Ears or a spirit jersey!
Disney has announced that it will be following many of the same health in safety protocols in Downtown Disney that it did in Disney Springs. Some of these are mask requirements, temperature checks, distancing measures, enhanced sanitation, and even cashless payment.
There will be capacity restrictions all throughout the area, as well as limits on parking and operating hours. Downtown Disney will be open from 10AM until 8PM daily, but individual locations may have differing hours. Disney has stated that guests will be able to self-park in the Simba lot with defined entrances and exits.
Disney will continue to update guests on more health and safety measures here.
What is your favorite place to visit in Downtown Disney? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World