Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) – Magic Kingdom
Note: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is suspended for 2020. Cinderella Castle Dream Lights are suspended for 2020. New holiday projections and holiday favorites in the Character Cavalcade will be added. More info below.
Add some very to your merry at the merriest Christmas party of the season! Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom hosts nearly two dozen nights of yuletide cheer in November and December.
From 7PM to 12AM during select nights at Magic Kingdom park, this annual ticket event will bring Christmas joy to guests of all ages with festive decorations, towering Christmas trees, and wintry wonderful entertainment.
Tip: Though the Party starts at 7PM, guests with hard tickets for the Party are typically invited to enter the Park starting at 4PM. Try making FastPass+ selections for that three-hour block before the Party begins!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party has been suspended for 2020.
Click here to go inside the very first party of the 2019 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party season!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets N/A for 2020. To purchase tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, visit the Disney website. Discounts are available on select nights for Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members.
Jingle Cruise Photos | Frozen Holiday Wish – Video and Photos| A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show| Celebrate the Magic Holiday Castle Full Show Mickey’s Once upon a Christmastime Parade Photo/Video Gallery | Meet Sandy Claws (Jack Skellington)
Read what AllEars readers have to say about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party below!
See the 2019 MVMCP guide map here.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party features:
- A Frozen Holiday Wish
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration stage show
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show
- Meet and greet opportunities with Disney Characters
- Club Tinsel dance party at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- Character dance parties
- Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa throughout the Park
- Many of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions (some with holiday overlays)
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration is performed on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage. Mickey and his pals host some of their friends for an unforgettable Christmas soiree filled with medleys of delightful classic and contemporary holiday songs, and magical holiday projections on Cinderella Castle build to a sensational, snowy finale. (This show will also be available Dec. 23 – 31 during regular park operating hours.)
A Frozen Holiday Wish
Cinderella Castle Dream Lights will not be installed or illuminated in 2020. New holiday Castle projections will provide a backdrop instead.
Don’t miss Queen Elsa from Frozen as she uses her ice powers nightly to transform Cinderella Castle into a glistening ice palace for the holidays during “A Frozen Holiday Wish”castle lighting show.
Also for the holiday season, the iconic Jungle Cruise temporarily transforms into the “Jingle Cruise” for Magic Kingdom guests. Festive decor in the attraction queue and boathouse gives guests a bit of Christmas cheer. The Jingle Cruise boats each are given a unique holiday name, and the Skippers share a slew of seasonal holiday jokes throughout the tour.
Shows cancelled for 2020.
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: 7:40PM, 9:25PM, 10:30PM & 11:55PM
- A Frozen Holiday Wish 8:15PM — Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade: 8:30PM and 11PM — begins in Frontierland
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks: 10PM
- “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” Show: 7:45PM, 8:35PM, 9:25PM, 10:45PM, and 11:35PM
- Character Meet & Greets: 7:00 – 11:30PM — Check the My Disney Experience app and Party Guide Maps for details.
- Club Tinsel: 7PM to midnight — Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jingle Jam: 7PM to midnight
Holiday Treat Locations
One feature of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is complimentary treats included in the price of admission. These treats can vary a little from year to year both in what’s offered and in the locations where you’ll find them. We will update with 2020 locations and offerings as soon as we know what they are..
Tip: Complimentary Party treats are available until the end of the Party — midnight (except where noted)!
Main Street, USA, upon arrival: Welcome Santa Cookie (available until 8PM)
Tortuga Tavern, Adventureland: Snowman Soft Pretzel and Orange Fanta
Jingle Cruise, Adventureland: Ginger Molasses Cookie
Miner’s Cove, Frontierland: Peppermint Cookie
Golden Oak Outpost, Frontierland: Snickerdoodle
Diamond Horseshoe, Liberty Square: Chocolate Chip Cookie and Eggnog
Friar’s Nook, Fantasyland: Chocolate Chip Cookie
Pinocchio Village Haus, Fantasyland: Snickerdoodle, Hot Chocolate, and Orange Fanta
Storybook Circus Snacks, Fantasyland: Snowman Pretzel
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Tomorrowland: Peppermint Cookie, Hot Chocolate, Apple Cider
Lunching Pad, Tomorrowland: English Bay Cookies and Apple Cider
Tip: Treat locations do have allergy-friendly offerings. In 2019, these included Enjoy Life cookies (packaged) and Go Go Squeeze Apple Sauce Pouches. We have also seen packaged grapes and apple slices in years past.
Magic Kingdom Attractions During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Magic Kingdom attractions planned to be in operation during the Party include:
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom (enhanced with Party-exclusive card)
Town Square Theater
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Swiss Family Treehouse
Jingle Cruise (enhanced with holiday overlay)
Big Thunder Mountain
Country Bear Jamboree
The Haunted Mansion
“it’s a small world”
Peter Pan’s Flight
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mad Tea Party
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Princess Fairytale Hall
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
Tomorrowland Speedway (enhanced with holiday overlay)
Space Mountain (enhanced with holiday overlay)
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Dining Locations Open During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
In addition to complimentary holiday treats, Magic Kingdom restaurants are open with regular menus and specialty holiday and Party-exclusive treats for purchase.
Main Street Bakery
Plaza Ice Cream
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
Liberty Square Market (closes at 9:00 PM)
Columbia Harbour House (closes at 8:00 PM)
Gaston’s Tavern (closes at 10:00 pm)
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
Assorted Snack Carts
FAQs, Tips, and Reviews of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
This sounds like a lot of fun, but is it overly crowded?
Disney World limits the number of tickets sold, and many nights do sell out in advance. Readers have differing experiences with crowds. Check out the reviews linked in the box below — leave a review of your own if you’ve been in recent years!
I have never been, what tips can you give me?
- Check out the Party-exclusive merchandise, most of which will have the year on it. These make for relatively unique souvenirs.
- Decide what your priorities are and have a plan before you arrive! You might not have time to do it all, but with some planning, you can do everything on your must-do list.
- Take advantage of the 4PM entry time for Party ticket holders by booking FastPass+ selections for the three hours before the Party begins. Then, when the Party starts, you can focus on Party-exclusive experiences.
- Enjoy the special shows.
- Take in the snow on Main Street, USA!
- Visit the characters later in the evening (or, for the very popular ones you must see, line up before the Party officially begins to get those lines out of the way). It is not unusual to see hours-long waits for Sandy Claws, the Seven Dwarfs, and any other rare characters.
- Make sure to watch the fireworks show!
- Watch the second showing of the parade when crowds levels are low.
- Pace yourself!
I’m not sure I want to spend the money for MVMCP. Is it a must-see?
If you are on a budget, there is no need to attend MVMCP. Most all the decorations are out during normal operating hours. What you will end up missing (until right before Christmas) is the Christmas Parade and special fireworks. Those can be seen by regular day guests in the last few days before Christmas (usually December 22 through 25).
Trivia Information regarding MVMCP
- The very first MVMCP was held on December 16, 1983.
- The first night of the 2019 Party was the first time the Rainy Day Cavalcade had to march in place of the Christmas Party parade!
Check out last year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party from AllEars TV!