TRON Lightcycle Run — Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom
TRON Lightcycle Run will open in Magic Kingdom in Spring 2023!
TRON Lightcycle Run is the highest-rated attraction at Shanghai Disneyland, and it was announced at the 2017 D23 Expo that this attraction would be coming to the Magic Kingdom as part of Disney World’s 50th Anniversary celebrations. TRON Lightcycle Run is inspired by the 1982 movie TRON.
TRON is a coaster-style attraction and riders will board a train made up of two-wheeled Lightcycles. The lighting in the canopy will differ depending on the time of day.
The construction of the ride was delayed due to the closures related to the COVID-19 pandemic, and as a result, the opening was delayed until Spring 2023.
TRON will be located in an entirely new area next to the Space Mountain and Tomorrowland Speedway attractions in Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland.
We’ve observed the construction of TRON from the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, and we’ve seen progress in the canopy, the ride tracks, groundwork, and more. We’ve also seen ride testing take place.
Disney has announced that TRON will officially open on April 4, 2023. And similar to other new ride debuts, it will be only accessible by Virtual Queue or through purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane in the Disney Genie+ App.
Disney also announced that storage lockers will be provided for riders to store any loose items, which can be secured with a MagicBand, MagicBand+, or another ticket medium.
Stay tuned for more information on TRON.
Want to learn more about TRON: Lightcycle Power Run? We can help!
- Can You Be LATE to Ride TRON Lightcycle / Run in Disney World? We Investigate.
- TRON Lightcycle / Run Is OPEN in Disney World — Come Along With Us!
- Disney World’s TRON Lightcycle / Run Virtual Queue Filled in SECONDS
- The BEST Time to Ride TRON Lightcycle / Run in Disney World
- VIDEO: The Best Part of TRON in Disney World Is NOT the Ride
- Find Out If YOU Qualify for This Exclusive Preview of TRON Lightcycle / Run in Disney World
- DATE ANNOUNCED for TRON Annual Passholder Previews in Disney World
- 5 Things We Learned Riding TRON Lightcycle / Run for the FIRST Time in Disney World!
- PHOTOS: See What’s CHANGED at TRON Lightcycle / Run, ‘Moana,’ and MORE in Disney World
- 10 Things You Must Know BEFORE Riding TRON Lightcycle / Run in Magic Kingdom