Disney World fans — mark your calendars for July 15th, 2020 because we’ve got not one, not two, but THREE big events!
It’s the reopening date of TWO Disney World theme parks AND the kick-off of a brand-new festival! And, believe it or not, it’s going to be an even crazier day than it sounds! Let’s dig into each of these three big events, shall we?
The Three Major Events Happening in Disney World on July 15, 2020:
1. EPCOT Reopens
EPCOT is the one of the two parks set to reopen on July 15th, 2020, with Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom opening first on July 11th, 2020. While we’re excited to see the Jammitors and ride (basically) every EPCOT attraction again, there’s one ride in particular we can’t WAIT for: SPACESHIP EARTH.
The iconic attraction was initially set to close for a major refurbishment on May 26th, but with the park closure, we had been wondering if that was still the case. Recently, Disney confirmed Spaceship Earth, in its current form, will be operating when EPCOT reopens!
Additionally, EPCOT has been undergoing a major transformation with a wide variety of construction. We’re anxious to see what (if anything) has changed since we were last there in March!
In addition to reopening, a brand new festival will be kicking off at EPCOT on July 15….well, kinda. The new “Taste of the International Food and Wine Festival,” is going to be a mash-up of both the Flower and Garden and Food and Wine Festivals.
Disney has stated that the Remy Topiary (new this year) from the Flower and Garden Festival, as well as the Remy’s Hide and Squeak Scavenger Hunt, will join over 20 global marketplaces from the International Food and Wine Festival.
Disney hasn’t shared the menus for the modified event yet, but they have stated that favorite marketplaces will return, including Hawaii, Islands of the Caribbean, and Hops and Barley. Additionally, merchandise from both Flower and Garden and Food and Wine Festivals will be available.
This festival will be the longest in EPCOT’s history, though we don’t have an end date yet. Also, we won’t be able to dance to the Eat to the Beat concerts this year as they’ve been cancelled.
We always attend EPCOT festivals on the first day to try out new dishes and report on the event, so I guess what better way to welcome us back to EPCOT?
3. Disney’s Hollywood Studios Reopens
The second Disney World theme park set to reopen on July 15th is Disney’s Hollywood Studios. While not many shows will be available when the park initially reopens, almost every ride is set to be running.
Perhaps most note-worthy is Rise of the Resistance, the 22-minute, immersive Star Wars attraction that opened last December. From its debut to the park closure, Rise of the Resistance was only accessible with a Virtual Boarding Group. However, Disney has stated that boarding groups will NOT be used when Hollywood Studios reopens.
Considering Boarding Groups were typically gone for the whole day within mere minutes of the park opening, we’re curious to see how this attraction works without them. Granted, the park capacity will be limited — but we’re still predicting this will be one of the longest queues upon Disney World’s parks reopening.
As you can see, July 15th is going to be a VERY BIG day in the world of theme parks — and we’ll be reporting from each event! Make sure you’re following @AllEarsNet on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for all the updates.
Which of these three big events are you most looking forward to — EPCOT’s return featuring Spaceship Earth, EPCOT’s hybrid festival, or Hollywood Studios’ reopening minus boarding groups? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!