The Disney Resorts have started their phased reopening with select Disney Vacation Club Resort hotels, along with Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds today!
We’re taking you with us live to visit all the spots around the resorts! We’re visiting table-service dining, character dining, and using Mobile Order at the resorts so you have all the details on what to expect!
Disney has already stated that character dining wouldn’t return in the same capacity when the parks reopened. We decided to check out the modifications for ourselves at the Breakfast a la Art character experience at Topolino’s Terrace in Disney’s Riviera Resort.
Currently, Topolino’s Terrace will be the only place to host character dining at this time. When we first arrived to the restaurant, we did a Mobile Check-in where we were asked how many people were in our party…
….what dietary restrictions were needed…
…any celebrations occurring…
…and if there was a need for mobility accessibility.
We received a text message when our table was ready for us to sit down for our breakfast. The seating was distanced and different tables were blocked off so there was a limited capacity in the restaurant. We were also given another QR Code to view the menu.
Our server told us it was limited since they weren’t able to get many of the things they needed to make meals or prepare them properly. Items like chocolate sauce, milk, and half and half were close to being used up (and some weren’t available altogether).
However, we still enjoyed our meal and loved seeing the characters roaming about. At this time, Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, and Donald are parading around Topolino’s individually to meet guests. You’re allowed to take pictures of them and selfies with them, but you must maintain distance at all times.
The characters will all come together to do a celebration performance where they will dance to music. However, Mickey and his friends will not sign autographs or come to guests’ tables during this time since they are keeping up with the distancing standards.
We still received a super sweet autographed sheet as a “character gift” after our meal to send us off with a smile and a way to remember out time at Topolino’s!
As we made our way to Disney’s Grand Floridian for a bite at the Grand Floridian Cafe, we were asked to use the same Mobile Check-in from before.
Since the resorts are quiet today, we received our text quickly to be seated.
There are QR Code Menus at the table-service restaurants as well…
…with different options for guests who speak other languages.
If you requested a paper menu, your server would bring you one to look at while you decided what to eat.
Although Topolino’s didn’t have face mask bags, the Grand Floridian Cafe provided diners with one so they had a safe place to secure their mask.
Some tables had signs on them that stated they were closed for distancing measures…
…while Cast Members consistently wiped down chairs and tables to uphold Disney’s health and sanitation standards.
We couldn’t resist a great Quiche with some watermelon!
Along with a Bloody Mary that was a REAL treat to boost our energy for the rest of our resorts tour.
While you can place an order directly through My Disney Experience, different quick-service locations like Riviera Resort’s Primo Piatto have a QR Code listed for guests to scan that will bring up the Mobile Order window.
The quick-service locations have distancing markers throughout the restaurant…
…and they’ve blocked off a few high-touch areas to protect guests (we’ll miss you for now, Freestyle Coke Machine!).
Cast Members are available to get your drinks to fulfill your Mobile Order when you pick up your meal.
We will continue to keep you updated with more dining experiences as we visit the Disney World Resorts today!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World