One of the hotels that has reopened is Disney’s Riviera Resort! One of the hotel’s restaurants, Topolino’s Terrace, is notable for being the only spot on Disney World property that will be hosting character dining in a modified form. Here’s what it was like!
While Disney had noted prior to reopening that character dining would not be returning in the same capacity, they confirmed that the character breakfast at Topolino’s Terrace would continue with some modifications.
Mobile Check In
When we first arrived at Topolino’s Terrace, we were asked to scan the QR Code at the front to check-in for our dining reservation. After it asked us a few questions about our party (including how many people, celebrations happening, dietary restrictions, and more), we were able to submit our check-in details.
We received a text notification letting us know that we would be given an update when our table was ready. However, our table was available within a few moments since it was a quiet morning at Topolino’s!
The servers, Cast Members, and more were all wearing masks at Topolino’s Terrace. Some of the tables had specific signs not to sit there as a distancing measure for guests. After we were seated, we were given a piece of paper with a QR Code to look at the menu for the restaurant. A paper menu is also available upon request.
The basket of pastries were still brought out to the table for guests to enjoy, but the third chocolate sauce that is usually on the tray wasn’t available at the time. A Cast Member told us the chocolate spread was difficult to get since it was from another source. They were also low on skim milk and half and half for coffee.
Our server told us that some items in the kitchen had to be removed to create distancing. With that being the case, a few dishes can’t be prepped properly so the menu is limited for the moment. At the end of our meal, we were given our check in a paper folder instead of the regular leather one.
Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, and Donald are all currently still greeting guests at Topolino’s Terrace. However, instead of visiting each table individually, they are parading around the area for everyone to greet.
The only time the characters will all be in a room together is when they perform their celebration show during Breakfast a la Art.
Other than that, the characters will all be in the room one at a time to welcome everyone to Topolino’s. When Mickey and his pals are individually walking through the area, they will be distanced from guests.
You can still take as many photos and videos as you want of them. You can also try to take a selfie, but you must remain distanced from the characters at all times.
Since the characters are unable to sign autographs currently, Topolino’s Terrace is giving out “character gifts” with a sketch portrait of the characters…
…and their signatures featured on the back!
We noticed that we weren’t temperature screened when we first entered the Riviera Resort, and we also didn’t receive a paper bag for our masks. A Cast Member informed us that there are no temperature checks at the resorts currently.
Guests must read over and agree to the Health Acknowledgement on the My Disney Experience app before entering the resort, however.
We were very happy to see all our favorite friends out at Topolino’s Terrace, even if we weren’t able to hug them. We thought that the Mobile Check-in was a great tool that was quick and easy for everyone visiting the restaurant too! And, of course, our meal was great!
While we’re making our way around the resorts today, we’ll keep you updated on all the new and exciting things we spot in Disney World!
Have you been to Topolino’s Terrace before? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World