Construction walls have gone up around the Leave a Legacy pillars in Epcot’s main entrance, as the park prepares to remove them.
This is all part of Epcot’s multi-year transformation that will see striking changes to the theme park’s main entrance.
As Epcot prepares for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021, and its own 40th anniversary in 2022, the theme park has announced a number of additions in the form of new attractions, as well as physical changes, such as the total revamp of the main entrance plaza.
The changes will include new pathways, sweeping green spaces, and a re-imagined fountain. The new design will pay homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic elements.
Currently, the walled-off area is limited to the right side of the Epcot entrance, as you can see in the photo below. The character meet-and-greet area, however, is still available.
There is also an exit on the far right, near the Package Pick-up location. You can still access the restrooms and the little shop just outside the park entrance on that side.
The left side of the entrance is still open, and the Leave a Legacy photos are still available to walk through or for taking photos.
The Leave a Legacy columns are going to be relocated into a setting just outside the park’s gateway, although no time-table has yet been announced.
Are you glad to see the Leave a Legacy move? Are you looking forward to Epcot’s new look? Drop us a note in the comments below.
Want to learn more about Epcot’s transformation? We can help!
- Epcot's Tram Pick-up/Drop-off Locations Moved During Transformation
- Epcot’s Transformation Continues with New Entrance and New Play Pavilion
- Goodbye IllumiNations, Hello Epcot Forever: Dates Announced
- New Creperie Announced for Epcot’s France Pavilion
- New Space Restaurant to Offer “Out-of-this-World” Dining Experience at Epcot
- New Restaurant Coming to Epcot’s Japan Pavilion
- New Film, Awesome Planet, to Come to Epcot’s The Land Pavilion as Part of Park’s Transformation
Click below to subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any of the latest Disney news!