Let’s be real. A Disney World vacation can end up being one of the most EXPENSIVE trips you ever take. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Sure, you can splurge and spend THOUSANDS on your trip. But you could also make some key decisions and take advantage of special deals to save some serious cash. We’ve already taken a look at a realistic budget for your 2023 Disney World trip and the dates that are MOST expensive in 2023, so how can you bring those vacation costs DOWN? We’re about to spill all the secrets.
Here’s a full breakdown of how YOU can travel to Disney World for LESS in 2023!
Travel During the CHEAPEST Days
If you’re really looking to make your 2023 trip as cost-friendly as possible, you’re not going to want to visit the Most Magical Place on Earth during major holidays or other big events. Instead, you’ll want to start by looking at the dates on which ticket prices are their LOWEST. These typically fall during Disney’s “slower” periods, when fewer crowds are expected.
For example, the cheapest days to visit in February are February 1st, 7th, and 8th — tickets for those days are priced at $134.
Here are more dates you’ll need to know about:
- March — Cheapest dates: March 27th, March 29th, and March 30th — $144 per day
- April — Cheapest dates: April 2nd to April 4th — $139 per day
- May — Cheapest dates: May 1st-May 2nd, May 8th-May 10th — $139 per day
- June — Cheapest dates: June 5th, 12th-15th, 19th-22nd, and from 26th-28th — $134 per day
- July — Cheapest dates: July 24th to July 28th — $134 per day
- August — Cheapest dates: August 22nd to August 25th and from the 29th to the 31st — $109 per day
- September — Cheapest dates: September 5th-7th, 12th-14th, 18th-21st, and 26th-28th — $109 per day
- October — Cheapest dates: October 1st-2nd, October 10th-12th, 16th-19th, and 23rd-26th, 31st — $144 per day
- November — Cheapest dates: November 1st-3rd, 6th-9th, and 14th-16th — $144 per day
- December — Cheapest dates: December 3rd, from the 7th-8th, 12th-15th, and the 18th-20th — $149 per day
As you can see, a visit on certain dates in August and September could save you big bucks on park tickets compared to a trip on other dates.
Also, be on the lookout for other ticket deals that can help you save some cash.
- In the past, US Military Members have had access to a deal that has granted them specially priced theme park tickets.
- Florida Residents can also typically save on Disney tickets (40% on a 4-day ticket and 30% on a 3-day ticket).
- AAA Members may be able to save on Disney World tickets (getting up to $80 off gate prices at times) — check AAA for the latest deals.
- In the past, we’ve seen Disney sometimes offer packages where guests can get two days added to their tickets for FREE with qualifying stays. Keep an eye out for other discounts like these that could help you save on tickets and subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates.
- Disney+ subscribers have also been offered discounts on hotel stays in the past, so it’s something to keep an eye out for.
Click here to see a FULL breakdown of the cheapest dates to visit Disney World (in terms of ticket price) for 2023
Disney World Hotel Discounts & Package Discounts
Alright, so you know how to save on park tickets, but what about your hotel stay? Generally, hotel pricing varies by season as well, so you can expect major holidays to be priced higher than other dates. So the tip above — traveling during “slower” (a.k.a. cheaper) times of the year — can help here too.
But what if you want to make sure that you’re really getting a great hotel deal? Well, keep an eye out for Disney World hotel or package discounts!
These discounts can pop up throughout the year, so you’ll want to keep checking — even AFTER you’ve booked your trip — to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Here is a full list of the Disney World hotel and package discounts we know of so far for 2023 (with links to posts that have more details about each of them):
- Save up to $100 per night on a room-and-ticket package: You can save up to $100 per night on stays most Sunday through Thursday nights from January 2nd, 2023 to February 28th, 2023, and most nights from March 1st, 2023 to March 30th, 2023. Again, Disney has promoted this as a room-and-ticket package. Click here for more information.
- Florida Residents: Florida residents can save up to 20% on stays most Sunday through Thursday nights from January 2nd, 2023 to February 28th, 2023, and most nights from March 1st, 2023 to April 30th, 2023. Click here for more information.
- Annual Passholders: Passholders can save up to 25% on Disney World hotel stays most Sunday through Thursday night stays from January 2nd, 2023 to February 28th, 2023, and most nights from March 1st, 2023 to April 30th, 2023. Click here for more information.
- Disney Visa Cardmembers: Visa Cardmembers can save up to 25% on stays on most Sunday through Thursday nights from January 2nd, 2023 to February 28th, 2023, and most nights from March 1st, 2023 to April 30th, 2023. Click here for more information.
Typically, US Military Members can also typically get good rates at select Disney World resorts.
Again, remember that discounts and deals can be announced throughout the year, so you’ll want to keep an eye out for more updates.
Click here to see the dates you NEED to know for 2023 in Disney World
Disney Springs Area Hotel Discounts
While staying at a Disney World hotel might be what you had originally planned for, staying at a Disney Springs area hotel (especially with some additional discounts added on) could help you save money on your trip and become an alternative you’ll want to consider.
Here is a look at some of the discounts we saw available as of early November 2022 (keep in mind these can change):
- Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando: Special Rates from $144.99
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace: Let’s Go — Deals (Rates in the past have been from $115 a night)
- B Resort & Spa: You may be able to get a $25 nightly resort credit
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista: Let’s Go — Deals (Rates in the past have been from $95 a night)
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista: Family Escape Package can save you 10%
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando: Two-Room Suites from $109 a night
- Holiday Inn Orlando: Special Rates From $79
- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista: D23 Gold Members can save up to 20% off hotel rooms
- Florida & Georgia Residents: Can save up to 15% at select Disney Springs Area Resort Hotels
- Seniors: May be able to get a discount at various Disney Springs Area Resort Hotels
- AAA Members: Can receive a discount at various Disney Springs Area Resort hotels
- Military families: Can get up to a 20% discount at various Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels
Again, those discounts can change but hopefully, that listing gives you an idea of some of the things you could see.
Click here for the ultimate packing list for Disney World in 2023
Stays at Other Hotels
If you’re looking to save more on your hotel stay specifically, you may want to look at off-property hotels or hotels not owned by Disney.
These can sometimes offer significant savings, but you’ll need to take a look at resort fees, the cost of travel to Disney World (since you won’t have access to Disney World’s free transportation), and other additional costs that come with staying off-property. Check out our list of the best off-site hotels.
To see how off-site hotel prices compare to Disney World hotels click here
Beyond tickets and hotels, you could save money on Disney food if you know what deals to look for. Here’s a list of some of the top deals that are generally available:
- Annual Passholders: Passholders can save at most dining locations throughout Disney World (these percentages can vary but look for generally 10-15% savings)
- Disney Visa Cardholders: Cardmembers can generally save 10% at select Disney World dining locations (and 20% off Joffrey’s coffee)
- Disney Vacation Club members can save on Disney World dining (again, the discount percentage can vary, but are often around 10%)
- D23 Gold Members can save at select Disney Springs dining locations (there might be discounts or the opportunity to get a free item with specific purchases)
- Landry’s Select Club (Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex, and Yak & Yeti) — Members of the Landry’s Select Club can show their membership card to their server and earn 1 point for every $1 spent on eligible food, beverage, retail, and online & in-store gift card purchases at participating locations. When 250 points are earned, they are converted into a $25 reward.
- Levy Restaurants Loyalty Program (Paddlefish & Terralina Crafted Italian) — Members who are part of this program can earn points as they dine at qualifying restaurants.
- Complimentary drink with purchase at Wine Bar George— Typically, if you buy a Corkcicle at Wine Bar George or The Basket, you can receive a complimentary frozen beverage of your choice.
Several Disney Springs restaurants also offer Happy Hours on select days. If you visit during Happy Hour, you could get a discount on certain drinks or snacks. Click here to see a listing of some of the Happy Hours deals that were available in November of 2022 — remember these deals can change. Check the Disney Springs page for the latest updates.
Click here to see what new rides and attractions are coming to Disney World in 2023
A Disney merchandise shopping spree could totally blow your budget, but there are some discounts that could help you buy souvenirs and save money too.
Here’s a look at the merchandise discounts you need to know about:
- Annual Passholders: Save on most merchandise purchases at Disney World-owned and operated locations and some other spots (sometimes these discounts get INCREASED for limited periods of time so watch out for that!)
- Disney Visa Cardholders: Save 10% off on certain merchandise purchases
- Disney Vacation Club members: Save on select merchandise purchases (generally around 10-20%)
- D23 Gold Members can save at certain Disney Springs stores
You could also consider visiting a Disney outlet in Orlando ahead of your trip so you can pick up souvenirs at a discount.
You could also pick up some cheaper items ahead of your trip and save them to give to the family throughout your vacation. You’ll especially want to look for limited-time discounts that pop up on shopDisney or deals on Amazon to get the best savings.
Events, Entertainment, and Recreation Discounts
If you’re looking to add some “bonus” items onto your trip — like golfing lessons, a mini golf game, or other things, you can keep an eye out for special discounts on those. Sometimes special groups, like Annual Passholders, can save on these special experiences.
Here’s a look at some of the discounts we’ve seen:
- Disney Vacation Club members (and their guests): Save on golf lessons taught by PGA instructors (15% off the regular price) or go to an instructional clinic for $20 per person.
- Disney Vacation Club Members: Save on other events and experiences throughout Disney World (that includes Disney After Hours events, holiday parties, family portraits, and more)
- Annual Passholders: Save on events, entertainment, and recreation including holiday parties, AMC Disney Springs Dine-In Theaters, tours, and more)
Use a Travel Agent
Want to make sure you’re getting the best deal on your trip? Nervous about staying up-to-date on all the deals? Stressed about having to plan your trip? You don’t have to do it all alone — using a travel agent could help you save money and take away some of the stress of planning a Disney trip!
We recommend our friends over at MEI-Travel’s Mouse Fan Travel. Why? Their services are totally FREE, they’ve got tons of knowledge about ALL things Disney, and their talented team can really help you plan the trip of your dreams (and answer all of your questions).
They stay up-to-date on the latest deals and can help make sure you’re choosing the spot that’s best for you. Plus you won’t be spending any more than what you’d normally spend on your trip.
Click here to learn more about what Mouse Fan Travel can do for YOU
And that’s a look at some of the top tips for saving on your 2023 trip. For more tips about how to plan for your 2023 trip, check out our links below:
- Check out the Disney Company’s expectations for 2023
- See what Disney World hotel perk has been exteded through 2023
- The BEST and WORST times to visit Disney World in 2023
- 10 huge things coming to Disney World in 2023
We’ll continue to keep an eye out for more discounts, deals, and tips that could help you save some serious cash in 2023 and beyond. Stay tuned for the latest updates.
Want to find more ways to SAVE at Walt Disney World? Check out:
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you planning a trip to Disney World in 2023? Tell us your best tips for saving cash during your vacation in the comments below!