Walt Disney World is constantly under construction and undergoing refurbishments.
It takes a lot of maintenance to make an almost 50-year-old theme park look sparkly and new! This morning we made our way into the Magic Kingdom parking lot and noticed the iconic entrance sign was getting a little TLC.
Some lanes were closed by traffic cones and a large sign directing traffic was installed. Two lifts were placed on either side of the entryway with workers in each cherry picker.
When we got closer, we heard some commotion being made with a sander. It looked like the letters that spell out “welcome” were getting the most attention.
Construction touch-ups are fairly common around Disney World. This could be a routine installation or even a small update. We’ll continue to pass under the famous gate and see if anything new is added to the beloved entryway!
Disney Construction Updates
- TWO Classic Attractions, an Underrated Shop, and MORE Closed in Disney World Next Week
- 3 Attractions, 1 Shop, and More Will Be CLOSED in Disney World Next Week!
- 2 Continuing Closures (And 1 New One!) in Disney World Next Week!
- 3 Long-Term Closures End as Others Continue in Disney World This Week
- 2 Spots Will Reopen as More Remain CLOSED in Disney World Next Week
- One Closure Ends But Five More Continue in Disney World This Week
- NEWS: Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin Will Get a NEW Storyline in Disneyland
- Take a Look at the New Website and Concept Art for Space 220 in EPCOT!
- Check Out the Aerial View of Construction on Disney World’s Fantasmic!
- First Look at the Sign for EPCOT’s Upcoming Creations Shop
Are you traveling to Magic Kingdom soon? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!