Walt Disney World is constantly under construction and undergoing refurbishments.
It takes a lot of maintenance to make an almost 50-year-old theme park look sparkly and new! This morning we made our way into the Magic Kingdom parking lot and noticed the iconic entrance sign was getting a little TLC.
Some lanes were closed by traffic cones and a large sign directing traffic was installed. Two lifts were placed on either side of the entryway with workers in each cherry picker.
When we got closer, we heard some commotion being made with a sander. It looked like the letters that spell out “welcome” were getting the most attention.
Construction touch-ups are fairly common around Disney World. This could be a routine installation or even a small update. We’ll continue to pass under the famous gate and see if anything new is added to the beloved entryway!
Disney Construction Updates
- PHOTOS: We’ve FINALLY Got a First Look at the Attraction Marquee for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in Disney World!
- Missing the PeopleMover in Disney World? Here’s What You Need to Know About the Attraction’s Refurbishment!
- UPDATE! The France Pavilion Construction is Looking GREAT in Disney World Today
- PHOTOS: The Void Sign Has Been Removed in Disney Springs After Permanent Closure
- Disney’s Art of Animation Sets Refurb Schedule and Lists Available Amenities Upon Reopening
- PHOTOS: Painting Progresses Across Magic Kingdom Entrance Sign at Disney World
- TRON’s Construction Progress Has Us Even MORE Excited for Its Debut in Disney World!
- UPDATE! The Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Continues to Make Awesome Progress in Disney World
- PHOTOS: Construction Has Begun for This ICONIC Pool in Disney World
- NEWS: Disney World’s Frozen Ever After Will Close for a Refurb in November
Are you traveling to Magic Kingdom soon? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!