We’ve seen capacity increased, a new Annual Pass program announced, the Disney Genie program coming soon, and more. And with Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration coming soon, there’s a lot to enjoy while you’re in Disney Parks right now. However, there are a few small things we’ve noticed recently around the parks that aren’t working as well.
We’ve had a few issues with some crowding, technological glitches, and other features of Disney World!
Although maintaining social distancing is no longer an official Disney World policy, the lack of social distancing in ride pre-shows has been quite daunting lately. Even when a lot of people aren’t in line, we’ve seen pre-shows quite crowded wall to wall.
If you’re someone who still practices social distancing, packed ride pre-shows and event spaces (like before fireworks) might be uncomfortable for you right now.
My Disney Experience App
The My Disney Experience app is an important tool for visiting Disney World, and it’s majorly frustrating when the app doesn’t work. And with many Disney World restaurants accepting Mobile Order right now, it can make a negative impact on your day if the app goes down.
Once the Disney Genie feature is added to My Disney Experience, it may be an even bigger issue for the app to have issues, especially if you pay for Genie+ and can’t even book your Lightning Lane passes!
Disney World’s Website
Another frustrating part of planning your Disney World visit right now can be website errors. No one wants to see the “Something Went Wrong” page while trying to get to the screen you needed.
These persistent website issues can be really bothersome especially when you’re trying to snag an in-demand restaurant reservation or a Disney World resort hotel with a special discount!
Currently, some Disney characters appear at a distance throughout Disney Parks, where you can wave to them and exchange a few words.
Also, some shows have returned with social distancing measures like with Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage, or a shortened duration and some missing performances, like with Festival of the Lion King.
Although character meet-and-greets will be returning to Tokyo Disneyland soon, we don’t yet know when they will return to Disney World. A parade will take place in Disney World this year at Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours Party, but that will require a separate ticketed entry to the event.
No Starbucks Mobile Order
Quick Service locations have been using Mobile Order so that guests can get food to-go easily and quickly. However, Starbucks inside of the parks at places like the Main Street Bakery and Creature Comforts continues to only use Stand By lines.
Although these are arguably some of the busiest spots in Disney World, we’re surprised that Mobile Order still hasn’t been put in place at the bakeries through the My Disney Experience app. Starbucks in Disney Springs has been primarily using Mobile Order through the Starbucks app, so it would only make sense for the parks to be operating in the same way.
The morning rush for breakfast and coffee is still a thing, and Mobile Order might be important to cut down on the early morning coffee lines.
Although there are still parts of Disney World that could use some improvement now, we’ve had plenty of great experiences over the past year and a half since Disney World reopened. While we know that Disney will continue to make necessary changes, we hope to see some of our suggestions incorporated in the parks and resorts too!
What are some of your experiences that you’ve had in Disney World recently? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World