We have gotten a first look at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom ahead of its official reopening.
As we’ve been exploring attractions, checking out wait times and social distance measures, we happened to notice one BIG thing is missing from the iconic Haunted Mansion!
The Stretching Room is no more!
Let us be clear, it still exists, but not in the way us Foolish Mortals are used to! Now, instead of gathering “in the dead center of the room” while the Ghost Host introduces himself, you just keep walking through an already-stretched room as part of the queue.
The Ghost Host still makes his iconic announcement while you pass through, but it has been cut short significantly. The entire middle section of the speech was removed out to encourage guests to keep moving through the room.
This makes sense — it would be very hard and impractical to operate the stretch room with social distance guidelines in place. But still, it’s not quite the same without our cadaverous pallor betraying an aura of foreboding.
We have also confirmed that Animal Kingdom’s Flight of Passage is showing a shortened version of only the first pre-show to keep the line flow moving and spaced out. We will continue to keep you updated on any further pre-show developments!
We’ll keep you posted with any other big attraction changes as we continue to explore the two Kingdoms, as well as EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios when they reopen on July 15.
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World