Ahead of the reopening of select Disney World Resort hotels on June 22nd, Disney just announced a lot of news regarding what the resort experience will be like at reopening.
While we’ve taken you through an overview of the resort experience, including dining, transportation, resort amenities, housekeeping, and more, there were a few bits of surprising info that really stood out from the latest Disney news drop!
Topolino’s Terrace Character Dining
While we have known that character dining would not be coming back to Disney World upon its reopening, there will be at least one character dining experience when the hotels reopen!
In their latest news drop, there was an interesting note about Topolino’s Terrace at Disney’s Riviera Resort — namely, that they will be featured a modified character dining experience.
While no further information has been released, we will continue to keep you updated once we know more!
Click here to read about which restaurants will be reopening when Disney World Resort hotels begin opening!
When the Disney World Resort hotels reopen, they will be implementing virtual chat through the My Disney Experience app. This will allow guests to chat with a Resort Cast Member any time that they need assistance during their stay.
This new system will allow guests to get support any time they need, without having to stand in line or visit their hotel lobby.
Click here for more information on why My Disney Experience will be SO important when Disney World reopens!
No Stormalong Bay
While many Disney World Resort amenities will be limited or modified when the hotels reopen, one of the biggest ones to stand out from Disney World’s update was, “Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas.”
While all pools will be operating at reduced capacity, Stormalong Bay was the only Resort pool specifically named as one that will not immediately reopen on June 22nd.
A Lot of Popular Restaurants Aren’t Opening
Another big surprise? There are a lot of popular restaurants that will not immediately be available upon reopening. These include standouts such as California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Resort, ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, and Victoria & Albert’s, 1900 Park Fare, Narcoossee’s and Citricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian.
You can read a full list of Resort dining experiences that will or will not be reopening on June 22nd here!
Read more about how the Walt Disney World Resort experience will be different when the hotels reopen!
Will you be visiting Disney World when it reopens? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!