Ahead of the reopening for select Disney World Resort hotels on June 22nd, Disney released new information regarding what policies will be in place, and what the resort experience will look like when the hotels do reopen.
While My Disney Experience has been an essential tool to many park goers when they travel to Disney World, the new changes and guidelines coming to the Disney Resorts make it even more important to use during your vacation.
On top of Apple Pay, Disney Rewards Redemption Cards, and Disney Gift Cards in the My Disney Experience app, guests can also directly link up their MagicBands to charge purchases to the rooms at the resorts.
Disney will also be adding a feature on the app on June 22nd where guests can talk to a Disney Resort Cast Member nearly anytime during the day. You’ll be able to access the virtual chat so you don’t have to go to the Lobby, stand in lines, or initiate more in-person contact.
Check-In and Check-Out Procedures
While Disney World has always has an online check-in service, the resorts are recommending that guests use this method online or through the My Disney Experience app before they arrive. They will receive a notification when their room is ready and enter with a MagicBand or the My Disney Experience digital key.
If guests don’t receive their MagicBands prior to arrival, they can visit the front desk at some point to pick up their bands. When guests are leaving the resort, they will automatically be checked out of their rooms. Unless there are unresolved charges on their hotel folios, they can skip the front desk during the check-out process.
If you don’t already have the My Disney Experience app downloaded to your phone, you’ll want to add it before your vacation since it will be an even more helpful tool during the reopenings. As Disney announces more news and updates around the resorts, we will continue to give your information about your future visit to Disney World!
Will you be staying at a Disney Resort any time soon? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!