Reviews of Shades of Green

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/08/2021

I would only recommend Shades if green if you are wanting a cheap place to stay on property.

Pros:

Cheap rooms on property

Cons:

Rude and incompetent staff. They are unable to answer basic questions. The property is showing its age. Loud. Nothing is clearly marked.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/18/2020

We have stayed there 3 * total on trips to Disney. When you ask a question about the theme park or transportation to it and back in times, they could not give answers the hallway smell like barf out beer. My daughter only had a couple grapes and a piece of fruit and they charged her full price of 14 something for breakfast I believe what's the price. And I got charged twice for my vehicle being there part at their facility when I had already paid upfront they charged me on the way out at the machine before they would let me out. When I called them they wanted me to verify it and I asked them can't they do it because I was almost back home over 200 miles away. It took this long just to get through their phone and to get an answer from them on the trip back. I find trying to communicate them is pour at best. That Society feels this is the best we deserve as veterans more active duty military members

Pros:

You're with like-minded military individuals

Cons:

You can't count on cleanliness service or Communications

Reviewed by MJ78 Review Date: 07/19/2019

I am a US AF veteran. I heard you can buy tickets at Shades of Green but I don't have an ID Card. I asked if they will allow my DD214 and VA disability paper showing I have a service connected disability. I even have a VA medical card but they said no. They only allow you to come in person twice a year to purchase tickets with your DD214. Well thats great but I dont live in FL. How can I come to FL to buy tickets in person if I dont live there. There has to be a better way.

Pros:

A discount is available for tickets

Cons:

You can only get tickets with a DD214 in person in FL twice a year in Jan and Sept.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/05/2019

I had made reservations almost a year ago and shades of green had changed my dates without permission or notice. Definitely not a reliable place and I have heard plenty of people having issues with this resort. They will have my business ever.

Pros:

Location is the only pro

Cons:

Not reliable and will change your reservation without notice or permission.

Reviewed by lilymegs Review Date: 03/10/2016

While attending a conference in February 2016, I didn't have a choice as to my accommodations. That being said, I was honestly looking forward to giving SOG a try. I found the resort nice at first, but a little outdated compared to what Disney offers. The rooms are nice and large and kept clean. The worst part of the entire visit were the extremely rude guests. The walls are thin and out of my week's stay - I had two separate groups staying in the room next to me. One group was up at 0530 every morning banging around the next group knocked the safe out of the closet - not once but 3 times and laughed - all at 0600. Not SOG fault for the rude guests, but it seems to be the norm. Guests in the lobby letting their kids run all over the place and down hallways where guests are trying to rest. Restaurants were average and the transportation was horrid. Since SOG is NOT a Disney resort - the dropoff/pickup areas for buses are located at the farthest spots - unlike Disney being closest. Also, several of their drivers were rude. I found walking to the Polynesian and using Disney transportation was much better. Don't ever plan to stay at SOG as a personal choice. It doesn't rank anywhere near the service of Disney that I'm used to.

Pros:

Big rooms

Cons:

Rude guests, construction and noise in general - transportation is bad

Reviewed by James Review Date: 05/02/2021

We have stayed here over 10 times. Very few complaints. Biggest standard rooms on property.

Pros:

Great location. No matter what people say the bus system they have is outstanding! It only serves SOG. Plenty of dining options. Golf next door, it has a NEX. Discounted tickets and rooms. Based on your rank. Low cost to park on site.

Cons:

Sometimes people get loud but that is just like every other place you go.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/21/2021

We just got back from SOG...probably the 5th or 6th time we've stayed there over the past decade. We've never had a bad room or a bad experience. During the ever-changing COVID protocols, here's what you can expect..
No housekeeping. You have to call for clean towels and other stuff. The Galley is not open...only the pool bar and Manginos. Masks at all times except if you're on pool furniture, eating or in the water. Exchange and coffee shop are running regular hours. Busses tend to run every 30 minutes and they pack them full. That said, for the price and comfort, it's the best deal going. We've stayed at several resorts and the only plus to that is more transportation options. Additionally, the guests at SOG are generally more polite and better behaved.

Pros:

Price and amenities

Cons:

Temporary COVID protocol

Reviewed by NoneOfYourBusiness Review Date: 05/05/2020

Awesome Hotel

Pros:

Clean, Big, Good Food.

Cons:

No monorail

Reviewed by Ddandridge Review Date: 03/18/2020

Very Large rooms. Relaxing De micky stress at end of day.

Pros:

Large rooms. Tickets Discounts

Cons:

size, hard to get rooms at busy times.

Reviewed by Pathfinder Review Date: 10/17/2018

It makes us feel as if we are staying at a deluxe resort for a moderate price. Great benefit for active duty, veterans, and their families.

Pros:

We love how close Shades is located to MK and TTC. The staff is great and responsive to any needs. The rooms are very spacious and updated.

Cons:

The Shades buses leave something to be desired, but the Polynesian is within walking distance to use Disney World buses or monorail.